Many users like to customize the look of their folders with custom icons, however, some users reported that the folder icon is not changing on their Mac. This is a small but inconvenient problem, and in this article, we’ll show you how to fix it.
What to do if the folder icon isn’t changing on Mac?
1. Make sure you change the icon properly
If your folder icon won’t change, it’s most likely that you aren’t changing it properly. To change the folder icon, you need to do the following:
- Open image in Preview.
- Select Edit > Select All > Copy.
- Now paste it in the Info section for the folder you want to change.
After doing that, the icon should be changed accordingly.
2. Rename the drive
If you’re unable to change the folder icon on your Mac, try renaming the drive that has that folder on it. This is incredibly simple, and you can do it by following these steps:
- Select the drive you want to rename and press Enter.
- Enter the desired name and press Enter
Alternatively, you can change the drive name by doing the following:
- Go to the Computer
- Select the disk you want to rename and choose File > Get Info.
- Expand the Name section and set the desired name.
- Now press Tab to apply changes.
After changing the name, you should be able to change folder icons without any problems. Changing the drive name won’t affect your system in any way, and if you want, you can revert back to the original name after the issue is resolved.
- YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: Windows 7 EOS: How many users will switch to Mac?
3. Move the icon to the folder icon section
Sometimes simply dragging and dropping the icon to the Get Info pane can fix the problem. To do that, follow these steps:
- Open the Get Info pane of the folder that you want to customize.
- Locate the desired icon you want to use and drag and drop it to the Get Info
There you go, several quick and easy solutions that can help you if the folder icon is not changing on your Mac.