Round up: Forza Horizon 3 issues on Windows 10 PCs
The awaited Forza Horizon 3 game was recently launched, but not all gamers have been able to play it yet. Various issues were reported in the Early Access stage, and some of them are present even in the final version of the game.
The first issues detected are related to download problems preventing Windows 10 PC owners from downloading and installing the game on their machines. It appears that these download bugs are caused by the OS version gamers are running. Judging by their feedback, Forza Horizon 3 runs flawlessly only on the Windows 10 Anniversary Update OS, but not all gamers are aware of this requirement.
Unfortunately, this is not the only issue currently plaguing Forza Horizon 3 on Windows 10 PCs. Only a few days after the game was officially released, more and more issues are adding up.
Forza Horizon 3 issues
- The game often crashes and returns to the dashboard when gamers hit the pause button. The game also crashes after the race is finished.
“I can get the game to run right after I restart my PC. But after I do a race it crashes and doesn’t get past the logo before it goes grey and crashes. Nothing I have tried fixes it.”
- Maps are unresponsive and don’t load.
- The game sometimes crashes soon after launch. According to gamers’ reports, if you have a microphone, you’ll need to deactivate it in order to be able to play the game.
- Redeemed codes are not installed, nor can they be found under “Manage game”.
- Not all racing wheel shifters work (Logitech G29 has issues), forcing gamers to shift with the shift pad.
- Frames are not consistent and sometimes drop to 60 or even 30. This issue is so annoying that some gamers even said it appeared the game wasn’t even tested on PCs.
“I have tried a lot of the tweaks (cpu affinity, core 0, nvidia control panel vertical sync tweak) but none of them have really fixed the issue. Still see a lot of variation on FPS and it gets to a point where it is impossible to play. I understand it is a new game and a patch is probably in the works.”
- After installation, Forza Horizon 3 won’t start. The Forza Horizon 3 window appears for about one second, and then disappears. Sometimes, the initial game window simply hangs, with no activity in the background.
“I haven’t been able to play on the Windows machine so far. As described by others. […] Can’t find anything in the process list either that resembles the Horizon game. Trying to start it again for a 2nd or further time on the PC gives me a window with a nice Forza Horizon 3 image (the one with the Lambo and jumping Ford) but it seemingly hangs. No idea what it is doing as I don’t see any activity on the harddrive and the CPU seems mostly idle as well.”
- Multi-GPU doesn’t currently work.
- Steering delay has been reported, especially when the camera is on 3rd person, behind the car. Gamers can’t control the car properly, which is really annoying. Most likely, this is not an FPS issue because when the settings are lowered, the same delay is still present.
These are the most common issues we identified on ForzaMotorsport’s forum threads. There is no patch available for these problems for the time being. However, let us not forget that it’s been only a few days since Forza Horizon 3 was launched, an we’re sure the developers are actively analyzing the gamers’ feedback, trying to find a fix for all these annoying issues.
Unfortunately, there are not many workarounds available for these problems. If you’ve come across a fix for the issues mentioned above, you can list the troubleshooting steps in the comment section below.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Turn 10 working on new Forza Motorsports spin-off title
- Latest Intel driver updates fix many Windows 10 game graphics issues
- Forza Motorsport 6: Apex runs smoother with multiple GPUs on the same Windows 10 PC
Microsoft is all set to launch its next big update, Windows 10 version 1809 in October. While that should be a nice piece of news […]
The Windows 10 October 2018 Update (otherwise 18H2) rollout might now be two to three weeks away. For the last few months, new build previews […]