There are only ten days left for Windows users to upgrade to Windows 10 for free. Despite the free upgrade offer ending on July 29th, Microsoft is still dangling incentives to convince users to make the transition to its latest OS.
This time, Microsoft is raising the stakes, promising to give you a Dell Inspiron 15 laptop if its support team cannot upgrade your device to Windows 10 in one business day.
Surprisingly, the offer is valid only for Windows 8 users even though statistics show that Windows 7 runs on 49% of the world’s computers, whereas Windows 8 and 8.1 have a total market share of 10.46%.
In addition, if you bring your laptop to a Microsoft Store and your device cannot run Windows 10 due to its low specs, Microsoft will recycle it. You’ll get $150 you can use to purchase a new laptop capable of running Windows 10 by doing so:
Get a free, same-day upgrade to Windows 10. Our Answer Desk experts are here to help you get the safest, most productive and most personal version of Windows yet. If your PC meets all of the requirements, our team will upgrade your PC to Windows 10. If we don’t upgrade your PC by close of business, you’ll get a free Dell Inspiron 15.* PC must be checked into the Answer Desk at participating retail store before 12 noon local time.
To be eligible for trade-in, your laptop must meet a series of requirements:
- You must own the qualifying device
- The device must power on
- Battery must hold charge and not be required to be plugged in to operate
- The laptop must be in fully functional, working condition without broken/missing components, cracked display/housing, liquid damage, modifications, and must include original chargers/accessories
- The laptop cannot be password protected
- Rhe laptop must contain a hard drive
To find a Microsoft Store near your and schedule an appointment, go to Microsoft’s page.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT: