WindowsReport.com is an independent online publication founded in the Fall of 2012 that covers Microsoft’s Windows platform along with its many related products and services, all in the aim of contextualizing the wider implications of their development in the world of technology. We strive to provide important news, tips and various advice for PC owners.
Since its founding, WindowsReport.com has grown to become one of the most important websites when it comes to Windows coverage, with millions of Windows enthusiasts relying on WindowsReport.com’s team of experienced tech journalists, editors, community managers, and more for the freshest news, reviews, features, and product recommendations.
Want to join our team?
We’re currently looking to extend our team. At this phase, we’re searching for freelance writers with previous experience, willing to commit to at least a part-time schedule. If you like writing software-related articles and you have good computer skills, then you might be the perfect candidate for this job.
We are looking for people who:
- Can write software review guides based on a list of keywords that will be given to you. Your articles need to be original. Copy-paste work is not accepted.
- Are familiar with WordPress
- Understand SEO principles
- Have excellent English grammar and vocabulary skills
- Are knowledgeable. If you’ve written software reviews before, then that’s an excellent starting point.
- Are professional. You must be able to meet deadlines, deliver a minimum number of articles daily or weekly (according to our mutually consented agreement) and communicate in a professional manner with our team of writers and editors.
- Are able to keep your cool when given feedback in order to further improve your skills.
This position is fully remote. This means that you can work anywhere in the world, as long as you have a proper internet connection.
Once accepted, you will be given a complete job training. We’ll tell you everything you need to know about the article format that we’re looking for, the general structure of each post category, and more.
How to Apply
Send us an email with the subject line “Freelance Writer” to: alex[at]windowsreport.com
Please include the following information:
- A few words about yourself
- Links to other published work
After this first selection step, you’ll be give a practical assignment. More specifically, you’ll need to write a software summary article that will allow us to assess your skills.
More details will be available after you get past this initial step.
IMPORTANT: If you can’t deliver at least five articles/ week, please do not apply to this job. We are looking for long-term committed collaborators only.