Can you believe that today is Gears of War 4’s first birthday? Yes, you read that right – your favorite game is one year old.
The Coalition is celebrating this special day with Double XP, a limited time Golden Gear character to collect, the return of the fan-favorite Golden Gun event, as well as other treats.
As you can see, the information available about these anniversary events is quite scarce now. However, we expect TC to give gamers more details about these treats in the coming hours.
UPDATE: The treats are going up now.
The Golden Gear is now up for grabs. You can get Clayton Carmine with gold armor in exchange of your credits.
More GoW 4 events in the pipeline this year
This not the only good piece of news about GoW 4. There are many more interesting events coming up in October, November and December, including:
- The Final Map scheduled for late October. This will coincide with the Xbox One X Ready Update. Expect to get two maps and a Developer Playlist preview period for Season Pass holders.
- The Halloween Event scheduled for October 27. Get ready as Pumpkin Heads and Phantom Dodgeball will return to the game, alongside other extra surprises.
- Gears of War’s 11th Anniversary. Gears of War 1 was launched on November 6 and this year’s event will bring a bevy of content items, awesome Weapon Skins to earn, and much more.
- Xbox One X Enhanced gets ready for GoW 4 on November 7th. If you’re planning to buy an Xbox One X on launch day, you’ll be able to experience Gears of War 4 enhanced.
- Thanksgibbing returns this year on November 20th with a brand new take on the Cluckshot and a themed special event.
- GearsMas. This year’s event is bigger and better than ever. Snowball Fight will return, well as the game’s first ever ‘crazy’ Horde variant.
Don’t forget to mark the dates in your calendar and stay tuned for more information.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT: