- Garry's Mod (GMod) is an awesome sandbox game focused on physics. There's no story mode or purpose. But you can freely play with your environment and manipulate objects.
- If you can't enjoy the online version of the game and are looking for a GMod high ping fix, use a VPN service that can speed up your Internet connection easily. Discover the fastest VPNs below.
- No matter what technical errors you experience in this game, you can fix Garry's Mod issues.
- Join our Gaming VPN Hub to find out what else you can do to enhance your gaming experience.
VPN Summer sale (83% off!)
Last chance to catch this awesome VPN deal: 1.99$ per month for the Surfshark VPN (available only this week). Surfshark VPN comes with the following features:
Garry’s Mod (GMod) is a physics sandbox game that doesn’t give you any clear goals. You start off with various weapons and are free to explore the world and manipulate objects.
For example, you have a multi-purpose tool gun you can use to create and interact with ragdolls or NPCs (non-player characters). The game is available for Windows, Mac, and Linux. When it comes to Windows, you can play it on Steam.
You can play the game both offline and online. However, several users have reported GMod lag when trying to enjoy the online version of this game, which can become truly frustrating.
Instead of switching to the offline mode or exiting Garry’s Mod to come back later, you can use a VPN service to improve your ping. By getting equipped with a fast virtual private network solution, you can eliminate Garry’s Mod lag spikes and enjoy the online edition.
What are the best VPNs to fix GMod lag?
Private Internet Access (PIA) is an excellent solution to help you fix Garry’s Mod lag when shooting. It offers numerous VPN servers worldwide, hides your IP address, and encrypts your traffic to protect you from hackers during gameplay.
Created by Kape Technologies, PIA can fix packet loss and minimize GMod lagging fast and easy. Besides, if you have any trouble running this virtual private network solution, you can resort to the 24/7 live chat support.
How can PIA fix GMod lag:
- +3,300 servers in 47 countries
- Private DNS servers
- Allows 10 simultaneous connections
- The best GMod VPN for your PC
- 30-day money-back guarantee (no free trial)
Private Internet AccessWhen Garry's Mod servers have high ping, use this VPN solution to reduce it.
If you have serious lag in multiplayer mode in Garry’s Mod, you can turn to the aid of CyberGhost VPN. Also owned by Kape Technologies, this VPN solution comes with an impressive network that you can explore to find the fastest VPN server.
How can CyberGhost VPN reduce GMod lagging for no reason:
- +6,400 servers in 89 countries
- Exclusive DNS servers
- Allows 7 simultaneous connections
- Works great with GMod lag and stuttering every few minutes
- 45-day money-back guarantee (1-day free trial)
CyberGhost VPNFix Garry's Mod terrible ping using this swift and secure VPN app.
Instead of wondering how to find low ping servers in Garry’s Mod, use BullGuard VPN. It’s a reliable virtual private network solution that optimizes your gaming experience by reducing latency. Plus, it can minimize network congestion.
How can BullGuard VPN improve ping in GMod:
- +2,000 servers in 16 countries
- Optimized for gaming, streaming, and torrenting
- Allows 6 simultaneous connections
- Fixes GMod lag on good PCs and weaker computers
- 30-day money-back guarantee (no free trial)
BullGuard VPNIf your ping is bad in GMod servers, use this dependable VPN service to significantly lower it.
In conclusion, if you have high ping when trying to play this sandbox game, then use a Garry’s Mod VPN solution to reduce latency and improve your gaming experience, overall. And, if you have trouble with choosing the right VPN to fix GMod lag, take our advice and go with Private Internet Access.
FAQ: Learn more about Garry’s Mod and VPN
- Are there any add-ons that help lag in GMod?
You can check out a couple of optimization add-ons in the Steam Workshop called Addon hooks Lag Finder and LagDetector. But you have a better chance to reduce lag using a VPN like Private Internet Access.
- How to fix GMod lag?
Download and install a VPN service like PIA, then connect to a VPN server that’s in the same region as the game server. Launch Garry’s Mod, connect, and play the game as usual. You should immediately notice reduced ping.
- Can you get past a GMod ban with a VPN?
Yes, you should be able to get past a GMod ban with a VPN. Make sure to hide your IP address by connecting to a different server before you create an alternate account for Garry’s Mod.