Google’s new digital whiteboard Jamboard is cheaper than Microsoft’s Surface Hub
Google is directly taking on Microsoft’s Surface Hub with the launch of Jamboard, a 4K digital whiteboard that will retail for $4,999 starting in May. Jamboard will arrive with a cloud-based data collaboration support and will sport a massive 55-inch screen.
Jamboard is part of Google’s promise of keeping the price tag of its interactive whiteboard under $6,000 while offering a 4K resolution with full cloud support. However, the whiteboard is designed more for the enterprise users than consumers. The collaboration tool helps corporate users improve the way they work with one another through its web-enabled UHD digital interface.
Google Jamboard’s features include:
- Handwriting and shape recognition
- NFC support
- 120 Hz touch scan rate / 60 Hz video refresh rate
- Built-in support for tilt and wide-angle camera
- 16 simultaneous touch points
- HDMI 2.0, USB Type C, 2 X USB 3.0
- Down-firing speakers
- Built-in mic
- Wi-Fi 802.11ac 2×2 / 1 Gigabyte Ethernet
- SPDIF audio out
- Fine tip passive stylus, Eraser, Microfiber cloth
- Google Cast
- Rolling stand
Users will be able to contribute data and documents from their mobile devices and vice versa when participating in a meeting. Google Jamboard also includes the Google G Suite software package that supports Docs, Sheets, Slides and Drive. The giant tablet stores data from all of these applications in the device as well as in the cloud.
In addition to the $5000 price tag, you will have to shell out an additional $600 per year in management fees. The price point, however, is much more affordable than Microsoft’s Surface Hub, so you might want to give it a try. The Hub sells at over $9000 for the 55-inch model. The giant 84-inch variant bears a more hefty price.
Are you buying Jamboard now that Google has released its own interactive whiteboard? Share your thoughts in the comments.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Microsoft demoes the Surface Hub, still exorbitantly priced at $8,999 and $21,999
- Microsoft to release soon a new collaborative data tool, codenamed ‘Project Osaka’
- TeamViewer launches Blizz, a new meeting and collaboration tool
Microsoft rolled out a new series of cumulative updates for three Windows 10 versions: v1709, v1703 and v1607. The updates don’t come with any security fixes this […]
Friday the 13th: The Game brings Jason back. As a player, you’ll take either on the role of Jason Voorhees, or that of a Camp Crystal […]