All Groove Insider users should head to the Windows Store to check for an update for Windows 10 and Xbox One, available for a few days now and updated to number 10.16092.1022. As Groove is a universal app, Windows Insiders and Xbox One Preview Program members should both see the build.
The app comes with certain features, improvements, and fixes listed below in the changelog:
- There are a few UX updates throughout the app…see if you can spot them all!
- You can use your voice to navigate the app on Xbox One consoles.
- You can select items in the app with a single click now.
- Sign in will work more reliability because we changed the way we check your region.
- We did work to ensure the correct track title and album title are displayed in playlists you follow.
- The Navigation Pane in Groove Music on Xbox One console has been resized to fit better on average sized screens.
- You can give detailed feedback in the Groove Music app. This change makes it easier for us to triage incoming feedback! Check the settings page for these new options.
- We updated the way we create version numbers so that it’s easier for us to tell when a version was produced just by looking at the version number – this one was built in the second half of September 2016 so 16092.
Apart from these features, the Groove team also pushed out an updated Insider version of the Groove app.
Another thing to focus on is the version number of this update. The version numbers of Windows 10 and Office consist of four digits, with a two digit year and a two digit month. So, the extra fifth digit of the Groove update is the week, which means Microsoft plans on releasing an update twice a month.
The last update that Microsoft released for Groove was Cortana improvements, back in August. And after few days, Microsoft released background music support for Xbox One.
Do leave us a feedback about the latest Groove app in the comments.