Microsoft has released an update for its Groove Music aimed at improving overall performance. The good news is that the update is available to all Windows Insiders and not only for Fast Ring Insiders, as is usually the case.
The change log for this update reveals the following:
- Radio now shows top artist stations to Pass subscribers.
- You can now copy links to songs, albums, and artists right in the app to easily share music.
- You can now use Groove to browse Explore, Radio and other areas made for Groove Music Pass.
The most important feature introduced by this update is Your Groove. This feature automatically generates playlists for you based on a variety of factors: top plays, recent adds, information about the world of music around you, and common music-related activities.
Today, we are pleased to introduce Your Groove, the place for music that is centered around you. This is where you can not only quickly get back to things you’ve played recently, but also find recommendations for what to play next. Playlists for you are automatically generated playlists curated to your taste […].
This update was released at the right moment as the memory of the May Groove Music bug is still fresh among users. Last month, many users complained they couldn’t use the app due to the “Can’t play – Another app is controlling your sound right now” error, an error that manifested mainly on Windows 10 devices. Fortunately, Microsoft rolled out an update with its build 14342 and fixed the issue. Should you ever encounter Groove Music crashes, we suggest you use the workarounds listed in our fix article.
Microsoft introduced Groove Music back in 2015 along with Windows 10, featuring more than 40 million tracks from various artists and genres. Groove Music is now a UWP app, so you’re now able to sync your music between all your Windows 10-powered devices.
Groove Music offers the following features:
- Enjoy Groove Music on PC, tablet, Xbox, the web, and mobile phones.
- Your entire music collection is in the palm of your hand. Browse and manage it from devices big and small.
- Mix it up: Groove Music Pass subscribers get all their own music, plus the entire Groove catalog, all in one place.
- Make and manage playlists that rock any occasion.
- Use OneDrive to bring tunes into Groove – then listen on Xbox, the web, tablet, and your smartphone.
- Rock the house with SONOS HiFi sound integration.
- Try Groove Music Pass for free, and stream or download over 40 million songs, ad-free, online or offline.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Fix: Groove Music App Stops Playing After Minimization
- Style Jukebox is an amazing cloud music streaming service for Windows PCs and phones
- Gaana music service launches its Windows 10 app
- Edjing Music DJ Pro app available now for Windows 10 and Mobile
Still having issues? Fix them with this tool:
If the advices above haven't solved your issue, your PC may experience deeper Windows problems. We recommend downloading this PC Repair tool (rated Great on TrustPilot.com) to easily address them. After installation, simply click the Start Scan button and then press on Repair All.