Just like we reported some time ago, Microsoft released a new update for its chat service GroupMe, bringing it to Windows 10 PCs. The app now takes full advantage of the UWP platform, as it has been available on Windows 10 Mobile for quite some time.
Here’s what GroupMe brings to Windows 10 PCs with the latest update:
- “Start chatting – Add anyone to a group via their phone number or email address. If they are new to GroupMe, they can start chatting over SMS immediately.
- Integrated with Windows 10 – View your groups right in the People app, and you can reply to messages fast with interactive notifications. Share photos and links with your groups from other apps.
- Control notifications – You’re in charge! Choose when and what type of notifications you receive. Mute specific chats, or the entire app – you can even leave or end group chats.
- Say more than words – Go ahead – fall in love with our exclusive emoji.
- Leave texting behind – With direct messages, you can use all the features you love for group chat, but one-to-one. It’s like texting, but better.
- Chat wherever you are – Including from your computer at groupme.com”
In case you’re unfamiliar with GroupMe, it’s a simple chatting app for Microsoft’s platform. It allows you to create chatting groups, by adding your friends via their email or mobile phone number.
This app was available on Windows Phone 8.1 for a long time, but Microsoft ‘transferred’ it to Windows 10, by making it a UWP app. GroupMe was originally available on Windows 10 Mobile only, but this update finally brings cross-platform compatibility.
You can now download the updated version of GroupMe on your Windows 10 PC, tablet, or Mobile device from the Windows Store, for free.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT: