- HMA VPN recently introduced an NLP (No-Logging Policy) within its service to enhance the privacy of its customer base. The company stopped logging the IP addresses of its customers.
- HMA VPN will receive third-party audits from a cybersecurity consulting firm called VerSprite. The auditors will check that the customers' online activity is and will remain private, even from HMA.
- Make sure not to miss our dedicated VPN section for more news, guides, and reviews.
- If you think your business could use a boost in privacy and protection, don't hesitate to take a look at our special Corporate VPN Hub and bookmark it for later reference.
HMA VPN recently introduced an NLP (No-Logging Policy) within its service to enhance the privacy of its customer base. This decision has come in an effort to propel the company’s popularity all the way to the top among other VPN providers.
The adoption of this NLP was a long time coming, so it’s most likely not enough to compete with other providers who’ve been already there for some time now. However, HMA’s plans seem to be a tad more ambitious.
The NLP is the first of many other additions
According to Andrei Mochola, HMA’s Commercial Director, the company’s roadmap includes plans to curb various other privacy-threatening behaviors, such as user-tracking components embedded by advertiser networks.
As we enter a new chapter at HMA, our No Logging Policy is not the ceiling but the floor of our ambition. We will add new privacy features such as advertiser anti-tracking which solves a very real problem for users, but currently goes beyond the scope of a traditional VPN. We see taking such steps as important for us to maintain our fight against censorship and we will continue to innovate to become a champion of privacy in the VPN market.
The newly-adopted NLP is available on HMA for Windows, Mac, Linux, iOS, Android, and AndroidTV.
HMA VPN to receive 3rd party security audits
As you’d expect, announcing the adoption of an NLP might not be enough, so HMA VPN will receive third-party audits from a cybersecurity consulting firm called VerSprite.
The auditors will check that the customers’ online activity is and will remain private, even from HMA. After the audit will be over, the results will hopefully be made public, as to strengthen customer trust through transparency.
If you’re looking for a VPN service that has no history of logging session data, we suggest PIA. It provides you with unrivaled levels of security and doesn’t keep records of your sensitive data.
What data HMA VPN collects
- The day you connect to the service
- Transmitted data amount, floored to the first digit
What data HMA VPN doesn’t collect
- Your real IP address
- DNS queries you make
- The exact time of your connection
- Your online activity while connected
- The exact amount of data you’ve transferred