New HP Elite x3 update reduces time for app launch, fixes many bugs
HP rolled out a new firmware update for the Elite x3, marking the fourth update since the phone’s release back in August of last year. The new update bumps up the software version to 0002.0000.0023.0113 from 0002.0000.0018.0105.
The firmware update includes a slew of minor performance improvements and bug fixes, though there are no new features. The change log is not currently available to the public directly from HP at the moment. However, the folks at Neowin were able to secure the following details on what has changed with the new firmware.
HP Elite x3 firmware update changelog
- Camera: Auto focus tuning and face detection tuning updated.
- Carriers: APN updated Turkish, Vodafone, EE, Spark, China Telecom, Spark, Orange France.
- Performance: Times for application launch are improved. Laggy video playback on wired connection with laptop dock is fixed.
- Stability: Device reboots repeatedly when reaching lock screen on boot up is fixed. Issue observed more frequently when “Hey Cortana” is enabled. Device also reboots repeatedly on phone factory reset is fixed.
- System: HP G2 USB-C dock firmware update is supported.
- USB: Mouse insert causes phone to enter charging mode is fixed.
The change log also noted some known issues including:
- Apps: Skype for Business app cannot be launched from Continuum external display.
- Connectivity: LAN port of HP desk dock does not have UI configurations.
- Security: Too many failed unlock attempts, the device will be locked for security reasons. User can unlock the device at https://account.microsoft.com/devices.
HP is constantly working to roll out updates for its Elite x3. In September 2016, the company released the first OTA firmware update ,which was followed by another release alongside the Anniversary Update. Most recently, the Elite x3 received its third update in November last year. As rare as it is, HP’s support for customers deserves appreciation.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- HP is preparing to launch a new Windows 10 phone in early 2017
- HP Elite X3: Here’s what you need to know
- Run Windows apps on theHP Elite x3 with Continuum and HP workspace