HP adds mobile barcode scanner to Elite x3
Windows 10 Mobile may have limited presence in the consumer market, but the platform still looks appealing to businesses. To further cater to the needs of companies who conduct their retail transactions through Windows 10 Mobile devices, HP is adding a mobile barcode scanner to the company’s flagship device Elite x3. The retail-focused accessory will come as part of a specialized package.
The bundle is accessible via HP’s 6-inch mobile solution section for the Elite x3, where you can see the phone’s specs and other features. The section has now added a description for the barcode scanner:
Enable optimal customer experiences, associate productivity, and manager agility with the HP Elite x3 Mobile Retail Solution, a Windows handheld and barcode scanner that switches to a full PC.
HP also describes the interface between the scanner and the phone as “full speed USB between HP Elite x3 and Elite x3 Barcode Scanner & Jacket through Pogo Pins.” The accessory can also decode standard 1D, PDF, 2D, and Postal symbologies.
Standard Range (Optics Symbology – X-Dim Typical Range)
- 100% U.P.C. 46 mm – 419 mm (1.8” – 16.5”)
- 5 mil Code 39 46 mm – 419 mm (1.8” – 16.5”)
- 10 mil Code 39 28 mm – 338 mm (1.1” – 13.3”)
- 6.7 mil PDF417 46 mm – 185 mm (1.8″ – 7.3″)
- 10 mil Data Matrix 53 mm – 203 mm (2.1” – 8.0”)
- Resolution, linear barcodes: 0.127 mm (5.0 mil)
- Resolution, 2D matrix codes: 0.169 mm (6.7 mil)
The handset can last up to 15 hours of half scanning and half-sleep operations, and up to 10 hours of half scanning and half-idle tasks.
While the company does not have a strong appeal to consumers, HP has always slapped business-centric features onto its mobile offerings. The company is also doing a great job at rolling out updates regularly to its handset. The introduction of the barcode scanner to the HP Elite x3 makes retailing through mobile their handsets more viable.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- New HP Elite x3 update reduces time for app launch, fixes many bugs
- Run Windows apps on theHP Elite x3 with Continuum and HP workspace
- HP Elite X3 lets users customize Double Tap to Wake
The Adobe Acrobat PDF (Portable Document Format) software throws out an “Acrobat failed to connect to a DDE server” error message for some users. That […]