HP Elite X3 fans can already order this impressive terminal, but won’t have the possibility to see how the Windows 10 Mobile Anniversary Update runs on this phone until September 13.
Users who’ve had the chance to get their hands on this phone can also join the Windows Insider program if they can’t wait until September 13 to run the Anniversary Update. Of course, installing builds on the X3 may cause various issues since this OS version is not as stable as the final update.
The information about the Windows 10 Mobile Anniversary Update was revealed on the FAQ section of HP’s website. HP also confirmed that the Windows Information Protection feature will be available as soon as the update is installed.
Windows Information Protection (WIP), formerly known as Enterprise data protection (EDP), is available with the Windows 10 Mobile Anniversary Update (available on or about September 13, 2016) provides data separation and containment and is designed to safeguard personal information and prevent data leakage.
The HP Elite X3 brings a series of hot features such as:
- Fully customizable Double Tap to Wake feature
- Support for Windows Hello
- Fingerprint sensor
- The Elite X3 is waterproof
- A powerful Snapdragon 820 processor for top notch performance.
According to user reports, the Elite X3 is not plagued by the annoying overheating issues encountered by many Lumia owners. Again, the tests were done on terminals not powered by the Windows 10 Mobile Anniversary Update. We hope the HP Elite X3 won’t be plagued by overheating issues when running the Anniversary Update because this would definitely out a dent in its popularity.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- HP is releasing a rugged case for its Elite x3 Windows 10 smartphone
- Fingerprint support coming to Windows 10 Mobile, making HP Elite x3 a great choice
- Fix: No Wi-Fi, mobile data connection in Windows 10 Mobile Anniversary Update