If you are thinking about buying a VR headset, but you aren’t sure if the experience is worth the money, Microsoft has an option to alleviate the indecisiveness natural with the advent of such new technology. Going forward, the tech giant will let its customers test out HTC’s Vive VR headset at select Microsoft stores.
With all the VR hype in the air, all the major technology manufacturers are unsurprisingly focusing their efforts towards creating new VR compatible products, despite the increasingly popular tech remainings quite expensive. The HTC Vive itself has a $799 price tag, so it’s perfectly logical to want to try out the product before parting with this amount of money.
There are currently only five Microsoft Stores where you can try the HTC Vive out:
- New York, Fifth Avenue
- Bellevue, Bellevue Square Mall
- Salt Lake City, City Creek Center
- Lone Tree, Park Meadows Mall
- Dallas, North Park Center
Microsoft will bring HTC’s newest VR headset to other stores as well:
- Sydney, Westfield Sydney in Pitt Street Mall
- Scottsdale, Scottsdale Fashion Square
- Mission Viejo, The Shop at Mission Viejo
- Austin, The Domain
- Huntington Station, Walt Whitman Shops
- Cincinnati, Kenwood Towne Centre
- Orlando, Mall at Millenia
- Troy, The Somerset Collection
- King of Prussia, King of Prussia Mall
We still don’t have any information about the exact day when the HTC Vive will be available for testing, but you can check out Microsoft’s page from time to time to see what’s new. The only thing we know for sure is that the HTC Vive will be available to demo in those respective stores by the end of April. In addition, this list of Microsoft Stores is not final, with the company is planning to launch the VR experience in other stores in May:
The HTC Vive virtual reality experience will be launching in select stores this April and May. List of Microsoft Stores launching experiences in May is coming soon.