Cloud Services Incompatible With Outlook 2016, But You Can Still Use iCloud Mail
Although Microsoft and Apple are rival companies, they deliver their services to each other. But this time, it looks like Apple is a little late, as its iCloud services are still incompatible with newly released Outlook 2016, and users are not satisfied with it.
According to Microsoft, Outlook for Mac currently doesn’t support CalDAV or CardDAV internet standards. Not supporting these standards means that you’re unable to sync your Outlook 2016 with iCloud calendar or contacts. When people complained on Microsoft’s forums, they were told that they should contact Apple support, as this one is not on Microsoft.
According to the crowd’s reaction on Microsoft’s forums, they’re pretty unsatisfied with with this, mainly people who are using these services in their businesses. So the only thing we can do right now is to wait for Apple to fix this compatibility problem with iCloud services, and since we didn’t find any official statements from Apple, we can’t tell you when this will happen.
However, Outlook 2016 for Mac supports iCloud Mail, so if you want, you can at least use Apple’s mail service in Outlook 2016. If you want to know how to set up your iCloud Mail account in Outlook 2016, just follow the steps below:
- Open Outlook 2016, go to the Tools tab, and click Accounts.
- In the lower left pane of the Accounts box, click Add an account , and choose Other Email.
- Enter your email address and password, and click Add Account.
- After that, enter your user name.
- In the Incoming server box, enter one of the following addresses:
- mail.mac.com (for mac.com mail addresses)
- mail.me.com (for me.com mail addresses)
- Under the Incoming server box, check the Use SSL to connect (recommended) box.
- Enter one of the following in the Outgoing server box:
- smtp.mac.com (for mac.com mail addresses)
- smtp.me.com (for me.com mail addresses)
- Click Add Account.
- Once you’ve set up your account, it will appear in the left side of the screen, and Outlook 2016 will download your messages
What do you think about this Apple’s late reaction and missing compatibility of iCloud services with Outlook 2016 for Mac? Does it affect your business and the way you work with your emails? Tell us your opinion in the comments.
Microsoft is all set to launch its next big update, Windows 10 version 1809 in October. While that should be a nice piece of news […]
The Windows 10 October 2018 Update (otherwise 18H2) rollout might now be two to three weeks away. For the last few months, new build previews […]