IFTTT planning to extend to Windows 10 in the future
IFTTT is a popular app-linking service allowing you to connect various apps and connected objects around your home. The service is currently available for Android and iOS but an IFTTT representative said that the company was planning to extend its support to other platforms, which also means Windows 10.
IFTTT lets you connect different apps and services and make them interact. It covers six main areas:
- Connect your home: for example, you can program your home heater to turn on when you leave work.
- Keep in touch: once you post a photo on Instagram, IFTTT can automatically post it on Twitter too.
- Be more productive: send scheduled reminders to your team.
- News alerts: you get an email when your favorite newspaper publishes an article in your area of interest.
- Stay healthy: when you enter the gym, your sessions can be recorded in Google Docs.
- Shop smarter: get a notification when the price drops for a specific item.
IFTTT was asked by Neowin if they were planning to develop an IFTTT app for Windows 10 and they responded:
We have plans to expand IFTTT to other platforms in the future. Stay tuned!
“In the future” does not pinpoint an exact moment in time and could mean anything. However, since IFTTT did not say “in the near future,” it is fair enough to conclude that more than three months or maybe half a year will pass until we hear something new about IFTTT’s availability on Windows 10.
It seems that Microsoft is not willing to wait that long and has started to add IFTTT-esque features to its own apps. For example, Cortana will soon allow users to control home appliances. However, we don’t know if Microsoft’s features will cover the same areas as IFTTT.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- You Can Now Control You Windows 10 Mobile Apps with Microsoft Band
- How to Control Windows 8, 10 From Android
- Microsoft Office Comes to Your Car, Along with Cortana
- Cortana now translates French, German, Italian and Spanish in Windows 10
A serial port can be useful, but some users reported Unable to open serial port message on their PC. This can be a big problem, […]
Most of us print documents frequently, but sometimes Operation on the printer is required message can appear and prevent you from printing. This can be […]