An image scanner, commonly called a scanner, is a device capable to optically scan images or other types of documents, convert them to a digital image, and store on a media or send to an email address.
You can find scanners in every office, as a stand-alone device where the user places the documents on a glass window in order to be scanned, or on top of a big Xerox machine.
Nowadays, 3D scanners were invented and are used for industrial design, reverse engineering, test and measurement, gaming, and other applications.
Quick tips to fix scanner issues
- How to fix Samsung printer/ scanner issues in Windows 10
- Full Fix: Cannot communicate with Canon scanner on Windows 10
- Fix: Canon printer won’t scan in Windows 10
- FIX: Brother printer won’t scan on Windows 10
- FIX: Could not complete scan Windows Fax and Scan error
If you want to discover other useful guides, check our Accessories & Peripherals section and learn how to solve various scanners and other devices errors.