The most well-known device created by InFocus is the Kangaroo, a portable, cheap Windows 10 PC with its own battery. The manufacturer is now expanding its product portfolio with a new PC that runs Windows 10 called the Mondopad Ultra. Its giant 70-inch 4K screen is perfect for presentations and interactive classroom activities and will no doubt boost workplace and collaborations between groups.
Microsoft’s 55-inch Surface Hub with Full HD resolution is priced at $8,999, while the 84-inch 4K Hub is available for $21,999. If you’re looking for a PC with a screen size between the two and which supports a 4K resolution, then you’ll spend $13,999 on the Mondopad Ultra which uses “projected capacitive touch technology.”
InFocus explained that “touch technology that is used on leading smartphones and personal tablets eliminates the need for a stylus and enables a more intuitive and natural user experience. Unlike IR touchscreens, capacitive touch technology allows more touch points with faster response and bezel-free edge-to-edge glass, allowing for a brighter and sharper display, a sleek industrial design, and remarkably fluid multi-touch capabilities.”
The full list of key specs of the Mondopad Ultra includes:
- a 70-inch LED edge-lit LCD that supports 3840 x 2160pixels and has 16-point edge-to-edge projected capacitive touch;
- powered by a powerful Intel Core i7-6700T (Skylake) processor that’s backed by 8GB of RAM,
- has an SSD hard drive with a capacity of 256GB;
- a built-in 720p camera with three microphones, integrated stereo speakers, connects via dual-band Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n and Bluetooth 4.0;
- VGA inputs as well as two HDMI 2.0 ports, an HDMI 1.4 port, five USB Type-A, USB Type-B for touch control, RS232 in, two RJ45 ports, two Display Port 1.2, 3.5mm audio in, RCA stereo in, and RCA stereo out.
The computer is pretty heavy at around 50kg.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT: