Microsoft’s recent update for Mail and Calendar for Windows 10 Insiders allows them to open email messages in a new window among other things.
These features are currently available only on the Insider Preview build but Microsoft announced they would be available for all users in a few weeks’ time.
If you’re interested in testing out these features, you can become an Insider:
These features are made available first to participants in the Windows Insider program. If you’re not a member of the Windows Insider program, you’ll see these features rolled out in the next few weeks.
The latest Insiders‘ Mail and Calendar update includes the following features:
- View .eml attachments and save messages in .eml format
- Print Day, Multi-day, Work Week views in Calendar. This means that you can now print a day, week or work week view of your calendar, with all the appointments you may have.
Here’s how you can print your calendar:
- Go to Day, Week, Work Week, or Month view > select the icon More in the upper-right corner of the screen > choose Print.
- Choose your favorite view from the list > choose the date > select Preview. You can print a week at a time.
- Choose your print options > select Print.
Microsoft is also planning to introduce a new feature that allows users to print month and year views:
NOTE: Printing for month and year views currently isn’t available, but look for those options in a future update.
The tech giant also offered a series of interesting features in the previous Mail and Calendar update, including Cortana support:
- Drag and drop attachments into your email messages
- Print week view in the calendar
- Turn off the message preview text in the message list
- Get rid of junk email with right-click Move to Junk
- Let others know “I’ll be late” directly from meeting notifications.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT: