Latest Insider Preview Build brings new Mail and Calendar features
Microsoft’s recent update for Mail and Calendar for Windows 10 Insiders allows them to open email messages in a new window among other things. These features are currently available only on the Insider Preview build but Microsoft announced they would be available for all users in a few weeks’ time.
If you’re interested in testing out these features, you can become an Insider:
These features are made available first to participants in the Windows Insider program. If you’re not a member of the Windows Insider program, you’ll see these features rolled out in the next few weeks.
The latest Insiders‘ Mail and Calendar update includes the following features:
- View .eml attachments and save messages in .eml format
- Print Day, Multi-day, Work Week views in Calendar. This means that you can now print a day, week or work week view of your calendar, with all the appointments you may have.
Here’s how you can print your calendar:
- Go to Day, Week, Work Week, or Month view > select the icon More in the upper-right corner of the screen > choose Print.
- Choose your favorite view from the list > choose the date > select Preview. You can print a week at a time.
- Choose your print options > select Print.
Microsoft is also planning to introduce a new feature that allows users to print month and year views:
NOTE: Printing for month and year views currently isn’t available, but look for those options in a future update.
The tech giant also offered a series of interesting features in the previous Mail and Calendar update, including Cortana support:
- Drag and drop attachments into your email messages
- Print week view in the calendar
- Turn off the message preview text in the message list
- Get rid of junk email with right-click Move to Junk
- Let others know “I’ll be late” directly from meeting notifications.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Microsoft Forms public preview now available for Office 365
- Skype UWP Preview debuts in latest Windows 10 build
- Windows 10 Preview Build 14316 brings Cortana low battery notifications
- Project Madeira preview app for Windows 10 offers new business solutions
Microsoft just released cumulative update KB4491101 for those who are running Windows 10 V1507 (RTM version). The update is just restricted to the users of Windows 10 […]
It is certainly annoying to face issues in your system when you have to finish off the most important task that has been assigned by […]