How to Install Windows 10 on iMac
Installing the Windows 10 Technical Preview version on an iMac system as well as on MacBook or Mac systems is not that complicated to achieve but you will have to be aware of just a few tips and tricks posted below. So without further delay on the subject, you will learn how to install Windows 10 Technical Preview on IMac and the other operating systems posted above by following the lines below.
Microsoft has not announced that their operating system would work on an Apple Mac operating system but there are some softwares with particular features that will let you install Windows 10 Technical Preview and run it without any bugs or issues on these kinds of systems as well.
Learn how to install Windows 10 Technical preview on iMac:
- First of all, you will need to sign up in the Windows Insider Program by left-clicking or taping on the link posted below:
Left click here to sign up for Windows Insider Program
- From the website, you accessed you only need to left click or tap on the “Get Started” button in purple and follow the instructions on the screen to finish the signing.
- From the accessed website above you will need to download the Windows 10 Technical preview as well.
- Left click or tap on the link posted below in order to install the Windows Technical Preview VM Shell application
Left click here to install Windows Technical Preview VM Shell
- Left click or tap on the “Save As” button and left click or tap on the “OK” button in the window that appears on the screen.
- Save this file to the desktop or a specific folder you will remember.
- Now go to the folder where you saved this archive and double click on it to open.
- You will need to copy the virtual machine shell to the following location: “~/Documents/Parallels/”
- Double click or tap on the “Windows 10 Technical Preview VM shell.pvm”
- You will get a popup message from “Parallel Desktop” that will ask you if “Windows 10 Technical Preview VM shell.pvm” was copied or moved.
- You will need to left click on “Copied”.
- If you get another message from the “Parallel Desktop” feature regarding your RAM memory you will need to left click on the “Don’t Change” button.
- Now you should have in front of you a “PXE” window.
- Left click on the “Actions” tab you have in the upper side of this screen.
- In the “Actions” menu you should left click or tap on the “Stop” button in order to stop the virtual machine.
- Left click again on the “Actions” tab you have in the upper side of the window.
- Left click on the “Configure” feature.
- Left click on the “Hardware” tab presented in the upper side of the next window.
- Go to CD/DVD1 page.
- Left click on “Connect to” and then you will need to select the “Choose an image file” feature.
- Browse your operating system for the Windows 10 Technical Preview.iso file that you have downloaded above and select it but keep in mind that you have to check the “Connected” feature.
- Open the “Windows 10 Technical Preview VM shell” and start the installation of your new Windows 10 Technical Preview version.
- You will get a message during the installation in which you will need to select the “Advanced Install” feature you have present there.
- Choose the drive where you want Windows 10 Technical Preview to be installed.
- After the installation of Windows 10 is completed you will need to create your own user account in order to sign into Windows 10 Technical Preview.
- Now that you are in Windows 10 Technical Preview you need to left click or tap on the “Actions” tab again.
- In the “Actions” menu left-click or tap on the “install Parallels Tools” feature.
Note: This should start the Parallel Tools install but if it didn’t you need to open “This PC” and double click on “DVD Drive D:”
- Select Parallel Tools from there and install it.
- Let the installation process finish.
- After the installation is done you will need to close the virtual machine window.
- Reboot your operating system.
- Start he virtual machine after the operating system is back on.
Install Windows on MAC: tips and tricks [2018 update]
It is not a secret that you can easily install Windows 10 on a MAC computer, but be careful – the steps above work for Windows 10 Technical preview, not for the normal version. If you want to it on your Mac, you have to follow up the instructions from our dedicated guide on how to install Windows 10 on a Mac.
More than that, if you love to work on more OS on the same device, you can check our article on how to install Windows 10 Parallels Desktop on Mac. The last great tip that you can use and see how to do it, is installing Windows 10 on iMac with BootCamp and Virtual Box. Using this method, you can run properly a Windows 10 license on an iMac PC.
Now you have a working Windows 10 Technical Preview version on your iMac operating system ready to fit your needs. If you have any questions on this article please don’t hesitate to let us know in the comments section of the page below.
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in December 2014 and has been since revamped and updated for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.
Counter Strike: Global Offensive is currently the most popular first person shooter on PC, but it seems that some Windows 10 users are having certain […]
Live streaming is quickly becoming one of the most important ways people use to broadcast themselves online. People use live streaming to cover a wide […]