The InstaPic app was recently updated to support Instagram stories, which means users can now view Instragram stories posted by the people they follow. For the time being, though, they are not able to upload stories. This update takes the InstaPic app to version v5.1.0.
InstaPic is not an official Instagram app; it’s an independently developed app. The app is very popular among Windows 10 users, with tens of thousands of active users.
Other features include:
- Fluid and intuitive layout
- Search for users, tags and places
- Like and comment on photos
- Find and follow your facebook friends and address book contacts who are using Instagram
- Send and receive private direct messages
- Configure Multiple Instagram Accounts and switch between them seamlessly
- Capture, Edit and Upload Photos.
Judging by user feedback, the new InstaPic v5.1.0 is the best version the developers have released so far:
Five stars for perseverance.
I found this app earlier this summer when I switched from an android to a “dumb” phone. […] I downloaded InstaPic but was disappointed that some of the features worked, but I wasn’t able to upload […] . However, I kept checking back over the course of the summer, and the latest version 5.1.0 works PERFECTLY. I was able to post a photo just now, right from my laptop – amazing! I don’t know how long this will last – it’s possible Instagram will change their API again and this app will stop working. But, for now, it works great and I have to give the developers five stars for persevering and offering us this really great app! There’s really no one else currently offering an Instagram alternative with all of these features. It even gives you access to the new Stories.
You can download InstaPic from the Windows Store for free.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Fix: Can’t view photos on Windows 10
- Download and install Windows Photo Gallery on Windows 10
- You can now send photos from Windows 10 Mobile to Windows 10 desktop