Update KB3185278 for Windows 7 improves software compatibility
Microsoft recently rolled out a new cumulative update for Windows 7, bringing five important quality improvements to the OS. No new operating system features are being introduced in this update.
So far, this is the second September update Microsoft has rolled out to Windows 7. The first one, KB3187022 fixes print issues, and was rolled out on Patch Tuesday.
Cumulative update KB3185278 adds improved Disk Cleanup support, and addresses high CPU usage and Generic Commands issues.
To download the KB3185278 update for Windows 7, go to the Microsoft Update Catalog website. Once the download is completed, you can restart your computer. You can also install the update via Windows Update or from the Microsoft Update Catalog.
As a quick reminder, you need to use Internet Explorer 6 or later to access the catalog. If you don’t want to install Internet Explorer, you can use our step-by-step guide to access the Update Catalog on any browser.
Windows 7 KB3185278 brings the following improvements:
- Improved support for the Disk Cleanup tool to free up space by removing older Windows Updates after they are superseded by newer updates.
- Improved compatibility of certain software applications.
- Removed the Copy Protection option when ripping CDs in Windows Media Audio (WMA) format from Windows Media Player.
- Addressed issue that causes mmc.exe to consume 100% of the CPU on one processor when trying to close the Exchange 2010 Exchange Management Console (EMC), after installing KB3125574.
- Addressed issue that causes the Generic Commands (GC) to fail upon attempting to install KB2919469 or KB2970228 on a device that already has KB3125574 installed.
For more information about this update, you can check out Microsoft’s support page.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Improve Windows 7, 8.1 privacy with DoNotSpy78
- Windows 7 driver update for Intel HD Graphics 4600 fails
- New UAC issue in Windows 7 and Windows 10 causes problems
- 4 best sound scheme resources for Windows 7
Cisco VPN is a great virtual private network software, but many users reported that Cisco VPN Client won’t install on their PC at all. This […]
Microsoft 7rolled out a new cumulative update for Windows Server 2016 and Windows 10 version 1607. This recent release bumps the current version of OS […]