Update KB3192392 for Windows 8.1 patches 4 critical OS vulnerabilities
As expected, the latest Patch Tuesday update brought a series of important fixes and improvement to all the supported OS versions. This edition of Patch Tuesday also marks the launch of the monthly update rollup for Windows 7 and 8.1.
Microsoft also rolled out individual security updates for these two operating systems, allowing users to choose between installing a single update package or the monthly rollup.
Speaking of individual updates, security update KB3192392 for Windows 8.1 addresses vulnerabilities in the following OS components: Microsoft Video Control, kernel-mode drivers, Microsoft Graphics Component, Windows registry, and Internet Explorer 11.
For more information about these vulnerabilities, check out the security bulletins listed below:
- MS16-101 Security update for Windows authentication methods
- MS16-118 Cumulative security update for Internet Explorer
- MS16-120 Security update for Microsoft graphics component
- MS16-122 Security update for Microsoft video control
- MS16-123 Security update for kernel-mode drivers
- MS16-124 Security update for Windows registry.
As we already mentioned, you can either install KB3192392 or the monthly rollup KB3185331 to get the latest improvements and fixes. If you choose to install the monthly rollup, you’ll also download the content of the previous Windows 8.1 cumulative update KB3185279.
From October onwards, if your system automatically approves all security updates, it will deploy both the October 2016 security only quality update KB192392 and the monthly rollup KB3185331. Don’t forget to change the update settings so that the OS doesn’t deploy the same update twice.
For more information about update KB3192392, you can check out the official Microsoft support page.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Microsoft details Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 servicing models
- Windows 8.1 features to be brought back in Windows 10 Redstone 2
- Windows 10 Overtakes Windows XP and Windows 8.1 in OS Market Share
- Windows 7, 8.1 computers will no longer be sold starting November
Most of us are sick of the messages informing us that the content is unavailable when we access Hulu or Netflix apps. This notification appears […]
Error 0x80070780 arises for some users when they try to copy, delete, back up or edit certain files in Windows 10. The error message states: […]