Monthly Rollup Update KB3192404 for Windows 8.1 is out
Microsoft recently released the second Monthly Rollup Update for Windows 8.1 since the company switched to its new update system. KB3192404 is actually a preview of the next Monthly Rollup update and brings a series of interesting quality improvements to the OS.
Since KB3192404 is a Monthly Rollup Update, it includes improvements and fixes that are a part of the current Monthly Rollup KB3185331 released on October 11, 2016, as well as new quality improvements. The update is available for both the Windows 8.1 and Windows Server 2012 R2 platforms.
Monthly Rollup Update KB3192404 improvements
- Addressed issue with a shared drive that becomes unavailable and takes up to 20 minutes to recover.
- Addressed issue with memory leaks that occur in the ISCSI WMI Provider.
- Addressed issue where printing from some applications is not possible when the cached entry for the network printer is not available in the client side rendering (CSR) registry key. The error message is “Startdocprinter Call was not issued”.
- Improved support for networks by adding new entries to the Access Point Name (APN) database.
- Addressed issue that prevents pushed-printer connections and printer connections from trusted servers from being installed.
- Addressed issue with revised daylight saving time.
- Addressed issue where a client with an Internet Protocol (IP) reservation receives options with incorrect values from the Dynamic Host
- Configuration Protocol (DHCP) server or options are missing.
- Addressed issue where inbound replication on domain controllers is blocked with Error 8409 “A database error has occurred”, after the Tombstone Lifetime (or the Recycle Bins DelLifetime) is expired for a deleted Active Directory object having about 100,000 links or more.
- Addressed issue where syncing a recycled Active Directory object causes “Server for NIS” service to crash.
- Addressed issue where LSASS would consume 100% CPU on domain controller role machines due to the intersecting of large database indexes when handling a search request from LDAP clients.
- Addressed issue where the user profile disk (UPD) does not get unmounted when a user logs off. Therefore, users get temporary profiles and are not able to work with their own profiles during their next logon.
- Addressed issue with weekly scheduled tasks failing to execute. Error: ERROR_REQUEST_REFUSED (0x800710e0).
- Addressed issue where virtual machines (VMs) on a Hyper-V failover cluster causes instability and crashes.
- Improved the upload of telemetry and download of telemetry settings in an authenticated proxy environment.
For more information about KB3192404 , check out the update’s official support page.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Monthly Rollup update KB3192403 for Windows 7 is now available
- Windows 7 users rally against the Monthly Update Rollup system
- Windows 7 and 8 individual patches removed as cumulative update model is coming
Microsoft announced the Surface Hub 2 almost a year ago and recently shared more details on the product line. Surface Hub 2X will hit the […]
The Error loading player: No playable sources found message signals a problem that happened while an online video was loading on your browser. Shortly, when this […]
Steam is a platform on which lots of competitive games can be played, but sometimes you might encounter Your connection to matchmaking servers is not […]