KB3192406 for Windows Server 2012 fixes high CPU usage, improves Windows Kernel
Microsoft recently rolled out the preview versions of the next Monthly Rollup Updates for Windows 7, 8.1 and Windows Server 2012. They’re all now available for download and bring fixes and improvements of their own, as well as content from the previous Monthly Rollup updates.
KB3192406 is the second Monthly Rollup Update for Windows Server 2012. The first Monthly Rollup Update, KB3185332, was launched on October 11. That update included improvements and fixes that were a part of Monthly Rollup KB3185332 as well as new quality improvements of its own.
KB3192406 quality improvements
- Addressed issue that causes high CPU usage whenever a significant number of files are opened simultaneously and folders are being renamed.
- Addressed issue with revised daylight saving time.
- Addressed issue where some DFS namespace reparse points that are in the DFS server’s root share are unexpectedly deleted during a full synchronization with the Primary Domain Controller (PDC).
- Improved the reliability of Windows Kernel.
- Addressed issue that prevents pushed-printer connections and printer connections from trusted servers from being installed in Point and Print scenarios after installing MS16-087.
Additionally, KB3192406 fixes the issue in which KB2979933 is lost after you install KB3084426. However, after you install KB3192406, you may encounter 0xC0000022 NTLM authentication errors. The good news is that there is a quick workaround to solve this issue: Simply install the security updates described in Microsoft’s Security Bulletin MS16-101.
You can install update KB3192406 via the Windows Update center, you can get the stand-alone package from the Microsoft Update Catalog website or you can download it from the Microsoft Download Center.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Windows Server 2016 and System Center 2016 to be available soon
- VMmare now supports Windows 10 Anniversary Update, Windows Server 2016
- How to dual boot Windows 10 and Windows Server
- Windows 10 and Windows Server 2016 get new TCP improvements with Anniversary Update
A number of users have reported encountering this error message A fatal error occurred from Citrix Receiver, on Windows 10. The reasons for this error […]
Windows 10 is an amazing platform, but sometimes you won’t be able to access certain files due to PC has blocked access to this file error. […]
Being one of the most popular brands of embroidery machines on the market, Brother is an incredibly user-friendly machine that can give you the possibility […]