Microsoft recently pushed cumulative update KB3194496 to all Windows 10 version 1607 users. The update is already available via Windows Update, so you can go and download it from there. However, if you don’t want, or can’t download the update the ‘regular’ way, you can also download and install it manually.
Just like every update for Windows, Microsoft published the download files for KB3194496 on its Windows Update Download Catalog. However, searching for the update on Microsoft’s site can be quite complicated sometimes, and requires some extra work on browsers other than Internet Explorer.
So, we’ve decided to save you some time and effort in case you want to download the update manually, and found the download links for both versions of the update (x64 and x32).
You can manually download KB3194496 from these links:
- Windows 10 version 1607 cumulative update KB3194496 x64 version
- Windows 10 version 1607 cumulative update KB3194496 x32 version
Once you’ve downloaded the update from one of these links, just open the installer, and install the update. After that, just restart your computer, and cumulative update KB3194496 will be installed on your machine.
If you’re able to download the update through Windows Update, you probably don’t need to download it automatically. However, if you have problems downloading or installing this update through Windows Update, and many Insiders do, manual download is probably the best solution.
Once you install KB3194496, and spend some time running it, let us know in the comment section below if you’ve encountered some problems or bugs after installing it.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Windows 10 build 14393.222 (KB3194496) available for Release Preview and Slow Ring
- Skype Preview update brings hidden conversations, URI support and more
- Turn Off Lights extension for Microsoft Edge now available for download
- Windows 10 Mobile build 14936 fixes SIM card, PIN issues and more
- Windows 10 build 14936 available for Fast ring Insiders