Microsoft recently released the third Monthly Rollup for Windows 7. Update KB3207752 includes the improvements and fixes brought by update KB3197869, which Microsoft released on November 15, as well as its own security improvements.
More specifically, Monthly Rollup KB3207752 patches major vulnerabilities affecting the following Windows 7 components: the common log file system driver, Windows OS, kernel-mode drivers, Microsoft Graphics Component, Microsoft Uniscribe, and Internet Explorer.
Monthly Rollup KB3207752 fixes the following vulnerabilities:
- MS16-153 common log file system driver vulnerabilities
These vulnerabilities could allow information disclosure when the Windows Common Log File System driver improperly handles objects in memory.
- MS16-151 Windows kernel-mode driver vulnerability
More exactly, this vulnerability could allow elevation of privilege, meaning that attackers could then easily take control of the affected system.
- MS16-149 Microsoft Windows vulnerability
Just like the second vulnerability on the list, this OS weakness could allow elevation of privilege.
- MS16-147 Microsoft Uniscribe vulnerability
This flaw could allow remote code execution.
- MS16-146 Microsoft graphics component vulnerabilities
Again, most severe of these flaws could allow remote code execution.
- MS16-144 Internet Explorer vulnerabilities
This weakness could allow remote code execution when IE users visit a specially crafted webpage.
As a quick reminder, these security fixes offered by Monthly Rollup KB3207752 are also included in the December 2016 Security Only Update KB3205394. As a result, you can either install the security only update, or the whole update rollup to patch the issues listed above.
However, the Windows 7 Monthly Rollup KB3207752 also includes improvements and fixes from previous monthly rollups.
How to install Monthly Rollup KB3207752
There are two ways you can install KB3207752 on your Windows 7 computer:
- Through Windows Update. Simply turn on automatic updating, and the OS will download and install the update automatically.
- Through the Microsoft Update Catalog. You can also download the stand-alone KB3207752 package from the Microsoft Update Catalog website.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT: