Windows 10 update KB4010319 fixes a critical PDF security vulnerability
If you often work with PDF files, you should download and install update KB4010319 on your Windows 10 computer as soon as possible because it fixes a critical security vulnerability within PDFs that allows for remote code execution. Attackers using specially crafted online PDF content or specially crafted PDF documents could execute codes on your computer from a remote server using this vulnerability. KB4010319 is also available on Windows 8.1 computers as well.
The following articles contain more information about KB4010319 as it relates to individual product versions:
- KB4012216 March 2017 Security Monthly Quality Rollup for Windows 8.1 and Windows Server 2012 R2
- KB4012213 March 2017 Security Only Quality Update for Windows 8.1 and Windows Server 2012 R2
- KB4012217 March 2017 Security Monthly Quality Rollup for Windows Server 2012
- KB4012214 March 2017 Security Only Quality Update for Windows Server 2012
- KB4013429 March 13, 2017—KB4013429 (OS Build 933)
- KB4012606 March 14, 2017—KB4012606 (OS Build 17312)
- KB4013198 March 14, 2017—KB4013198 (OS Build 830)
You can install KB4010319 though Windows Update. Keep in mind that if you install a language pack after you install this update, you must reinstall the update. If possible, install any necessary language packs before installing this update.
For more information about this PDF vulnerability, you can check out Microsoft’s Security Bulletin MS17-009.
This month’s Patch Tuesday edition brings a long list of important updates. In order to keep your system secure, we recommend you install the available update packs as soon as possible.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Microsoft releases Windows 7 KB4012212 and Monthly Rollup KB4012215
- Windows 8.1 KB4012213 and Monthly Rollup KB4012216 are now out
- KB4013073 and KB4013071 make Internet Explorer and Edge more secure
- New Chrome scam injects a malicious font update into your PC
- MEMZ virus: what is it and how it affects Windows PCs?
Javaw.exe is a process that launches Java programs. However, a “Windows cannot find javaw.exe” error message can pop up for some users when they try […]
10 quick solutions to fix laptop mousepad issues Update mousepad or touchpad drivers Uninstall and reinstall mouse drivers Use Windows generic mousepad driver Run an […]