If you often work with PDF files, you should download and install update KB4010319 on your Windows 10 computer as soon as possible because it fixes a critical security vulnerability within PDFs that allows for remote code execution. Attackers using specially crafted online PDF content or specially crafted PDF documents could execute codes on your computer from a remote server using this vulnerability. KB4010319 is also available on Windows 8.1 computers as well.
The following articles contain more information about KB4010319 as it relates to individual product versions:
- KB4012216 March 2017 Security Monthly Quality Rollup for Windows 8.1 and Windows Server 2012 R2
- KB4012213 March 2017 Security Only Quality Update for Windows 8.1 and Windows Server 2012 R2
- KB4012217 March 2017 Security Monthly Quality Rollup for Windows Server 2012
- KB4012214 March 2017 Security Only Quality Update for Windows Server 2012
- KB4013429 March 13, 2017—KB4013429 (OS Build 933)
- KB4012606 March 14, 2017—KB4012606 (OS Build 17312)
- KB4013198 March 14, 2017—KB4013198 (OS Build 830)
You can install KB4010319 though Windows Update. Keep in mind that if you install a language pack after you install this update, you must reinstall the update. If possible, install any necessary language packs before installing this update.
For more information about this PDF vulnerability, you can check out Microsoft’s Security Bulletin MS17-009.
This month’s Patch Tuesday edition brings a long list of important updates. In order to keep your system secure, we recommend you install the available update packs as soon as possible.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Microsoft releases Windows 7 KB4012212 and Monthly Rollup KB4012215
- Windows 8.1 KB4012213 and Monthly Rollup KB4012216 are now out
- KB4013073 and KB4013071 make Internet Explorer and Edge more secure
- New Chrome scam injects a malicious font update into your PC
- MEMZ virus: what is it and how it affects Windows PCs?
Still having issues? Fix them with this tool:
If the advices above haven't solved your issue, your PC may experience deeper Windows problems. We recommend downloading this PC Repair tool (rated Great on TrustPilot.com) to easily address them. After installation, simply click the Start Scan button and then press on Repair All.