Windows 10 KB4022723 fixes a long list of bugs, download it now
Microsoft recently pushed cumulative update KB4022723 to Anniversary Update users. This new patch includes only quality improvements, and doesn’t bring any new features.
KB4022723 is actually a huge update, bringing a total number of 20 bug fixes. Here are the most important ones:
- Microsoft addressed the issue where Internet Explorer printed blank pages.
- PCs should no longer crash after users insert a USB device into the USB port.
- Microsoft fixed the issue where a computer stopped working when using a phone as a modem.
Windows 10 KB4022723
For more information about the bug fixes brought by KB4022723, check out the patch notes below:
- Addressed an issue introduced by KB4022715 where Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge printing from a frame may result in 404 not found or blank page printed.
- Addressed issue where CRM UI may hang when pressing the reply button in mail workflow.
- Addressed issue where the Volume Activation Services tool (vmw.exe) stops working with error “Indicates two revision levels are incompatible“ when attempting to activate the Volume License Service role.
- Addressed issue where multipath I/O does not use other available paths during a failover scenario.
- Addressed issue where a PC randomly crashes after a user inserts a USB device into the USB port.
- Addressed issue where a blue screen and the “unmountable_boot_volume” message appear during the system boot process.
- Addressed issue where a computer stops working when trying to add a phone to the computer for use as a modem.
- Addressed issue where Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) applications stop receiving traps.
- Addressed issue where Page faults for Demand Zero Pages are significantly slower (> 10%), which causes many applications to run slower.
- Addressed issue with error that occurs when users sign out from an application when Active Directory Federation Services is enabled.
- Addressed issue where nodes fail to join a cluster because of failed certificate authentication if SHA1 is disabled.
- Addressed issue with the Server Message Block Bandwidth limiting feature not working.
- Addressed issue where the storage replication driver (wvrf.sys) is in an infinite loop.
- Addressed issue where a 2012 R2 or below Remote Desktop License Server causes the 2016 Remote Desktop Services Host to crash and stop giving sessions to clients.
- Addressed issue to add support in certutil.exe to allow certificate templates to be marked for Windows Hello.
- Addressed issue where you may lose access to storage disks when there are still available paths if there is an error on one of the multipath I/O paths.
- Addressed a WS-Federation sign-out problem where users initiate Sign-out from an application configured with SAML.
- Addressed issue where the creation of virtual disks fails in Windows Server 2016 storage spaces when the physical disk allocation is set to manual for all the selected disks.
- Addressed a reliability issue in Windows Search.
- Addressed additional issues in printing, updates to the Access Point Name (APN) database, Start menu and taskbar, Internet Explorer and the Windows Shell.
For the time being, users haven’t reported any issues after installing KB4022723. If you encountered any bugs after installing this update, tell us more about your experience in the comments below.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Fix: Can’t download and install the Anniversary Update
- Here are all the differences between Creators Update and Anniversary Update
Using a VPN on your Windows Server has a lot of advantages for all parties included and it allows users in a small environment access to […]
The Windows 10 Action Center includes Quick Action buttons that provide shortcuts for adjusting settings. For example, users can press the Tablet mode button to […]