Microsoft rolled out a new cumulative update to Windows 10 Creators Update users. Update KB4093117 brings a long list of bug fixes and improvements that reduce the occurrence of Edge crashes, Windows Hello errors, PC log in issues, and more.
This patch doesn’t bring any new features. You can download and install this update by going to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update > Check for updates. You can also download the standalone package for this update from the Microsoft Update Catalog website. Without further ado, here are the most important fixes and improvements that KB4093117 brings.
Windows 10 KB4093117 changelog
- Microsoft Edge should no longer crash when running a software restriction policy.
- Fixed the issue that prevents Windows Hello from generating good keys when it detects weak cryptographic keys due to TPM firmware issues.
- Addressed the issue that prevents users from unlocking their session and displays incorrect user names on the logon screen when multiple users log on to a computer.
- Microsoft fixed the bug that caused browsers to ask for credentials in a loop when using the Office Chrome extension.
- Microsoft patched that bug that triggered error 0x800B0109.
- Centennial apps should no longer block user-level quotas for NTFS.
- Addressed the issue that occurs when a user with a roaming user profile first logs on to a Windows 10, version 1607 machine and then logs off. If he then logs on to a machine running Windows 10, version 1703, and launched Edge, the browser will stop working.
For the time being, there are no bug reports regarding KB4093117. The update seems stable and you should not encounter any severe issues during the install process or afterwards. As always, if you already installed KB4093117 on your Windows 10 computer, use the comment section below to tell us more about your experience.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- Windows 10 Creators Update wrecks Wi-Fi driver [FIX]
- 0xC1900101 driver errors in Windows 10 Creators Update [FIX]
- Windows 10 Creators update still causes poor gaming performance