Windows 10 Anniversary Update KB4093120 fixes Windows Hello bugs
The Windows 10 Anniversary Update reached end of mainstream support in April but Microsoft recently rolled out a new patch to this OS version. Update KB4093120 is also available for Windows Server 2016 and brings a bevy of useful improvements that users will definitely appreciate.
This patch features a long list of bug fixes and is actually one of the most complex Windows 10 version 1607 updates ever rolled out. In this article, we’ll list only the most important changes but you can read more about the complete changelog on Microsoft’s Support page.
KB4093120 fixes and improvements
If you use Windows Hello to unlock your computer, then you should install the latest Anniversary Update patch as soon as possible. There is a Windows Hello bug that prevents the tool from generating good keys when it detects weak cryptographic keys because of TPM firmware issues. Also, if you often get error 0x800B0109 (CERT_E_UNTRUSTEDROOT) from http.sys, this update should fix it.
Other fixes include:
- Fixed a Kernel deadlock that affects server availability.
- Addressed the issue with Windows Update that prevents VMs from being saved after restarting or shutting down a computer after applying an update.
- Fixed the error ‘Cannot connect to any domain. Refresh or try again when connection is available.’
- Addressed the issue that may cause some files to be skipped and may create duplicate files in the Work Folder locations during full enumeration sync sessions.
- You should now be able to load all UDP profiles without getting the error “We can’t sign into your account‘, and users receive a temporary profile.
- Pairing problem for low-energy Bluetooth devices should no longer occur.
- Addressed Microsoft Outlook reliability issues.
You can automatically download KB4093120 via Windows Update or you can get the standalone update package from Microsoft’s Update Catalog.
If you encountered any bugs after installing this patch, let us know in the comments below.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- KB4015217 released for for Anniversary Update and KB4015583 for Creators Update
- BSOD errors delayed the Windows 10 Spring Creators Update
- How to fix performance issues after installing Patch Tuesday updates
A large number of VMware users have reported encountering the following error message: Not enough physical memory is available to power this virtual machine with […]
Some users have reported that they are having problems when trying to log in their Uplay client. Apparently, they receive an error message that looks […]