Install KB4103731, KB4103723 to fix Edge bugs and CPU spikes
May Patch Tuesday brought many important updates that improve Windows 10‘s reliability and security. If you’re running older Windows 10 versions, you can now download and install KB4103731 and KB4103723 on Windows 10 Creators Update computers and Windows 10 Anniversary Update machines, respectively. Update KB4103723 is also available for Windows Server 2016.
Both these updates share a series of common improvements which include:
- Addressed the issue in Internet Explorer that might cause communication between web workers to fail on multiple visits to a web page.
- Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge now respect the video preload flag in all scenarios.
- Fixed the issue with the April 2018 Windows Servicing update that causes App-V Scripts (User Scripts) to stop working.
- Microsoft fixed the bug that prevented customers from selecting Microsoft add-ins on a second monitor.
- Addressed the issue that may cause an error when connecting to a Remote Desktop server.
- The updates improve the overall security level on many Windows 10 components, including Microsoft Edge, Windows kernel, Microsoft Graphics Component, Windows storage and filesystems, Windows Server, and more.
Update KB4103723 brings more bug fixes and improvements compared to its KB4103731 counterpart. This patch also addresses the issue that occurs when multiple processes are limited by rate using job objects. This bug cause various problems including system process CPU spikes, interrupt time CPU spikes, high privileged time on some processors, and increased system or processor queue lengths.
The update fixes a series of network issues that may cause highly available VMs to be turned off because of I/O timeouts or Cluster Shared Volumes dismounted messages.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- Don’t check for updates this Patch Tuesday to avoid getting the April Update
- How to fix performance issues after installing Patch Tuesday updates
- Windows 10 Fall Creators Update is by far the most popular OS
Most of us are sick of the messages informing us that the content is unavailable when we access Hulu or Netflix apps. This notification appears […]
Error 0x80070780 arises for some users when they try to copy, delete, back up or edit certain files in Windows 10. The error message states: […]