If you’re running the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update on your computer, then navigate to Settings > Update & Security and check for updates in order to install KB4284819. Yes, the May Patch Tuesday edition updates are here!
This patch doesn’t introduces any new features, focusing instead on fixing some of the issues reported by users. So, without further ado, here are the most important changes that KB4284819 brings.
KB4284819 fixes and improvements
- The update enhances protection from an additional subclass of speculative execution side channel vulnerability known as Speculative Store Bypass.
- Includes additional performance improvements.
- Microsoft also fixed the issue issue in Microsoft Edge that causes incorrect responses to XML requests.
- Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer now offer full SameSite cookie web standard support.
- Internet Explorer can now use updated version of location services.
- Firmware updates should no longer cause devices to go into BitLocker recovery mode when BitLocker is enabled, but Secure Boot is disabled or not present. Update KB4284819 prevents firmware installation on devices in this state in order to avoid this type of problems.
- Security updates to Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge, Microsoft scripting engine, Windows Desktop Bridge, Windows apps, Windows shell, Windows storage and filesystems, Windows app platform and frameworks, Windows virtualization and kernel, Windows wireless networking, and Windows Server.
Keep in mind that KB4284819 is affected by one known issue: some non-English platforms may display strings in English instead of the localized language. Microsoft explained that this error appears when you try to read the scheduled jobs you’ve created and Device Guard is enabled. The company is already working on a fix.
Download and install KB4284819
You can automatically download KB4284819 via Windows Update or you can install the stand-alone package from Microsoft’s Update Catalog.
For more information about this update, go to Microsoft’s Support page.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT: