Download KB4284874, KB4284880 on Windows 10 v1703, 1607
If you’re running the Windows 10 Creators Update or the Windows 10 Anniversary Update, don’t forget to check for updates. May Patch Tuesday brought two important updates to these two OS versions: KB4284874 and KB4284880.
These two patches feature similar improvements and fixes. Here they are:
- Both updates enhance protection against a speculative execution side channel vulnerability known as Speculative Store Bypass. Keep in mind that these protections are not enabled by default, so you’ll need to enable them manually.
- Additional performance improvements.
- Your devices should no longer go into BitLocker recovery mode when BitLocker is enabled but Secure Boot is disabled or not present. Both these updates prevent firmware installation on devices in this state. However, administrators can install firmware updates by suspending BitLocker, for example.
- Booting with Unified Write Filter (UWF) turned on should no longer lead to stop error 0xE1 in embedded devices, especially when using a USB hub.
- Internet Explorer cookie limit has been increased from 50 to better align with industry standards.
- Security updates to Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge, Microsoft scripting engine, Windows Desktop Bridge, Windows apps, Windows Server, Windows wireless networking, Windows storage and filesystems, Windows app platform and frameworks, and Windows virtualization and kernel.
Install KB4284874, KB4284880
You can automatically download and install KB4284874 and KB4284880 via Windows Update. You can also get the stand-alone update package from the Microsoft Update Catalog website.
Have you installed these two updates on your Windows 10 computer? Did you encounter any bugs? Tell us more about your experience in the comments below.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- Patch Tuesday updates install Candy Crush on Windows 10 PCs
- Full Fix: ‘Working on updates’ stuck on Windows 10, 8.1, 7
- Windows 10 won’t let users shutdown PCs without installing updates
The Adobe Acrobat PDF (Portable Document Format) software throws out an “Acrobat failed to connect to a DDE server” error message for some users. That […]
In the world of smartphones and busy people, a large chunk of the population relies heavily on sending SMS. Whether it’s a personal message or a […]