Download KB4338814, KB4338826 on older Windows 10 versions
If you’re running the Windows 10 Anniversary Update or the Windows 10 Creators Update, you can now download and install KB4338814 and KB4338826, respectively to benefit from the latest quality improvements. These two updates share a series of common improvements, that we’re going to list below.
KB4338814, KB4338826 changelog
Here is the official changelog available on Microsoft’s Support page:
- Addresses an issue that, in some cases, causes the wrong IME mode to be chosen on an IME-active element.
- Addresses an issue where DNS requests disregard proxy configurations in Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge.
- Addresses additional issues with updated time zone information.
- Updates support for the draft version of the Token Binding protocol v0.16.
- Evaluates the Windows ecosystem to help ensure application and device compatibility for all updates to Windows.
- Security updates to Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge, Windows apps, Windows graphics, Windows datacenter networking, Windows virtualization, Windows kernel, and Windows Server.
If you’re a developer, keep in mind that KB4338814 also updates Internet Explorer’s Inspect Element feature to conform to the policy that disables the launch of Developer Tools.
Windows 10 KB4338814, KB4338826 bugs
Microsoft also notes that these two updates may trigger the 0xD1 Stop error. The good news is that Microsoft is working on fix that should be available in mid-July.
After installing this update, some devices running network monitoring workloads may receive the 0xD1 Stop error because of a race condition.
At the same time, after installing KB4338814 on a DHCP Failover Server, Enterprise clients may receive an invalid configuration when requesting a new IP address. As a result, you may lose your Internet connection.
How has your Windows 10 KB4338814, KB4338826 experience been so far? Did you encounter other issues apart from the ones mentioned above? Let us know in the comments below.
The evolutions of portable computers aka laptops is staggering, to say the least. From fitting a large desktop power into your backpack (Dulmont Magnum) to […]
Sometimes, Windows 10 users may report that their screenshots have an orange tint to them, regardless of the screen capturing method they are using. Other […]