The cumulative update KB4470200 for Windows 10 Fast Ring has just launched in the November Patch Tuesday roll out, and it packs two important fixes. Grab yourself a cup of coffee and let’s check what’s new.
Windows 10 Cumulative Update KB4470200
This patch brings two important fixes:
- Update block for this build in place for a small number of PCs that use Nuvoton (NTC) TPM chips with a specific firmware version (188.8.131.52) due to a bug causing issues with Windows Hello face/biometric/pin login not working.
- Fixed a media display bug that was causing unexpected display rendering for some users.
Not many Insiders actually use Nuvoton-powered computers but it’s nice of Microsoft to have taken the necessary measures so as to block this problematic build.
Speaking of Windows Hello issues, if you encounter login issues again, you can use the troubleshooting guides listed below to fix the problem:
- Windows Hello isn’t available on this device: 3 solutions to fix this error
- ‘Couldn’t recognize that fingerprint’ Windows Hello error
- Windows Hello fingerprint not working? Here’s 9 ways to fix it
If you would like to read more about the above updates, improvements, and fixes, or to read about anything that I may have missed out, you can find everything on Microsoft’s blog. Go to Microsoft’s Security Center to catch up on all the latest updates.
For more information about the November Patch Tuesday updates, check out the posts listed below.