- KB5014697 caused some pretty nasty connection issues for users.
- After installing the update, people are no longer able to use Wi-Fi.
- Microsoft acknowledged the issue and is working on a fix update.
We all know that sometimes, pretty often, new software does more harm than good, and users are left to wait for a solution from the company that released it.
And, since we were on the problem front, know that the June Patch Tuesday update releases for Windows 11 have once again proved to be problematic.
In fact, Microsoft has acknowledged a new known issue with the operating system following the installation of KB5014697.
KB5014697 causes connection issues for some users
In theory, KB5014697 actually was supposed to address a number of security flaws in Windows 11, but it also introduced connectivity issues for some users.
The Redmond-based tech company known as Microsoft is currently investigating the problem which affects Windows 11’s Wi-Fi hotspot feature.
After installing KB5014697, Windows devices might be unable use the Wi-Fi hotspot feature. When attempting to use the hotspot feature, the host device might lose the connection to the internet after a client device connects.
But don’t worry, because while the company is investigating the root of the issue and trying to come up with a solution, it has also provided a workaround.
To mitigate the problem and restore internet access on the host device, make sure you disable the Wi-Fi hotspot feature.
As far as affected platforms go, we are looking at quite a few, as follows:
- Client: Windows 11, version 21H2; Windows 10, version 21H2; Windows 10, version 21H1; Windows 10, version 20H2; Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2019; Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2016; Windows 10 Enterprise 2015 LTSB; Windows 8.1; Windows 7 SP1
- Server: Windows Server 2022; Windows Server, version 20H2; Windows Server 2019; Windows Server 2016; Windows Server 2012 R2; Windows Server 2012; Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1; Windows Server 2008 SP2
All that we can do now is wait for Microsoft’s experts to pinpoint the cause of the problem and get to the bottom of it.
It’s hard to know for sure when an official fix will be available, but we will keep an eye out for any developments and let you know.
Are you experiencing this issue after installing KB5014697.? Let us know in the comments section below.