- Online security and privacy is even a more sensitive topic when it comes to children.
- Kids Mode in Microsoft Edge has been launched and it allows them to browse the Internet safely.
- This special profile offers the possibility to select between different age range intervals.
- Once activated, the Kids profile cannot be exited without entering your password.
The new Kids Mode in Microsoft Edge is finally here. You can access it directly from the browser itself and is available for both Windows and macOS.
It’s a free of charge option and enabling it is only one click away. Microsoft reveals its main features and how much ease it will bring to the parents:
Kids Mode includes features like custom browser themes, kid-friendly content, browsing based on an allow list, Bing SafeSearch set to strict, and a password requirement to exit.
How do I use Kids Mode in Microsoft Edge?
Nowadays kids are constantly in contact with technology. Therefore, it’s mandatory to make sure that they browse the Internet in a safe environment.
Enabling the Kids Mode is fairly simple, and this is all you need to do:
- Click on your Profile and select the Browse in Kids Mode option.
- If you are not logged in to your profile, no worries. You can still select the Kids Mode even without that.
- In the next step, you will need to add the age range in order to activate the Kids Profile.
- It will be either 5-8 years or 9+ years old.
- If you will want to change the age range for whatever reason, you can do this by returning to this menu.
Once you save the desired age range, you will notice that your current browser window is closed and a new window for Kids will be opened in full screen.
One of the advantages of the Kids Mode is that it can be exited only with a password. This adds a secondary layer of security – once activated, your kids will not be able to exit the profile.
With these being said, let us know if you’re excited about Microsoft’s latest Kids Mode and ready to give it a try as well. Use the comments area below in that regard.