Krita 3.0 is an amazing free Windows 10 painting app, takes on Photoshop
After a year of hard work, Krita’s developers managed to roll out a stable Windows 10 version of Krita 3.0, an open source painting app with the potential of becoming better and more popular than the industry standard Photoshop. Its developers managed to collect the money to cover the development costs via a Kickstarter and thanks to backers support, Krita is now a fully-featured, free digital painting app that can be used by artists who want to create amazing art.
What makes Krita so special are its unique features like animation support integrated into Krita’s core, Instant Preview for better performance painting, drawing with big brushes on large canvases, and many more.
The developer kept its promise and rolled out many of the features it promised during its fundraising campaign. The remaining features will be released with Krita 3.1, later this year.
Here are the main improvements Krita 3.0 brings:
- Animatable raster layers – Animated raster images with frames, and use the time-line docker to order them. Works in all color spaces and depths as well!
- Onion skinning – This allows you to have an overlay of the previous and next frames, an important assistant when going from rough animation to smooth animation!
- Importing image sequence – Import any set of images as an animated layer, automatically sorted by naming scheme.
- Exporting image sequence – Export the whole animation as an image sequence, for further processing in other programs
- CSV import and export – for layered animation, for use with TV-paint, or Blender via a plugin, courtesy of Laszlo Fazekas
- Caching for Animation playback – Proper animation playback, in all sorts of frame-rates, relative speed-ups
- Instant Preview for Big canvases! – Utilizing the power of OpenGL 3.0 you can now draw smoothly with 1000 pixel width brushes!
- Frame dropping – For slower devices, we implemented frame-dropping, so that you can always see your animation at real-time speed!
- Mass editing layer properties – Instantly rename multiple layers, or change their blending mode, or opacity, or any other property.
- Group multiple layers – Or create Clipping Groups or just ungrouping with hotkeys.
- Clearer Layers – Condensed layers means you can see more at a time
- Color Coding – Right-clicking a layer gives you the ability to color code a layer
- Filter layers by color – You can choose to only see all blue layers, or green layers, or only blue and green layers with layer filtering.
[irp posts=”13722″ name=”Fix: Fresh Paint App Keeps Crashing in Windows 8.1, Windows 10″]
Taking into account the plethora of features it offers and the fact that this tool is free, Krita could soon become of the most popular painting apps with the potential to overthrow Photoshop. To achieve this goal, developers need to add support for a wider range of tablets since not all Windows tablets are compatible with Krita:
On Windows, Krita supports Wacom, Huion and Yiynova tablets, as well as the Surface Pro series of tablets. Trust, Bosto, Genius, Peritab and similar tablets are not supported at this moment because we lack testing hardware that allows us to reproduce reported bugs.
If you want to know more about Krita’s new features, any upcoming features, or see examples of paintings created using Krita 3.0, check out the project’s official page.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Free AutoDesk Pixlr Photo Editor App for Windows Lands on the Store
- Sketchable App for Windows Gets Mirror Image, Lock Transparency and More Features
- Fix: Trying to Install Photoshop CS2 Error in Windows
- Adobe Photoshop Express App for Windows 10 Update Makes Premium Features Free
Live streaming is the hottest trend and a powerful streaming software makes the entire process a lot easier. A streaming software primarily helps you with […]
From the tail end of the 20th century, up to about a decade ago, CDs and DVDs constitute the major options for media storage. Today, […]