A laptop by itself is already a highly convenient and handy device. However, you can further increase it’s usefulness by complementing it with various accessories.
Now, there are a wide variety of laptop accessories, ranging from USB ports to laptop backpack. Wondering what the best laptop accessories are? Check out the list below!
Note: Deals are subject to change. Sometimes, some of the deals listed in our guides may no longer be available by the time you hit the buy button. So, hurry up and grab them while they’re hot.
Best laptop accessories deals to get
Perhaps the most important accessory of them all is the laptop backpack.
Why is that? Well, the convenience and portability of a notebook computer are somewhat undermined without a proper suitcase or backpack to carry it around.
Basically, a laptop is pretty much incomplete without a proper bag.
- Comes with a LOCK so you never have to worry about someone stealing your laptop
- Convenient main pockets for iPad, charger, binders, books, clothes, etc.
- Built-in USB charger outside and built-in charging cable inside
- Durable metal zippers close and open smoothly
- Not convenient for heavy loads
Well, for starters, The Mancro laptop backpack is ideal for both students and businessmen/businesswomen constantly on the go.
Why is that? Well, the bag is both affordable and attractive. Furthermore, it is Eco-friendly and is made out of water-resistant materials.
Finally, you can conveniently charge your laptop as well as other mobile devices through the charging cables integrated into the bag.
Who says you need to sacrifice practicality for good looks? With this laptop bag you can have both.
- Incredibly affordable
- Slim and compact design
- Plenty of accessory ockets
- Suitable for laptops up to 15.6-inches
- Not much padding in case you drop it
Now if you are looking for a more traditional laptop bag, then you will want to check out the AmazonBasics 15.6 inch laptop bag.
This laptop bag is incredibly cheap and it offers enough space and compartments to make it a great buy. It is great for people who are looking for a bag that offers just the basics.
- Genuine Colombian leather build
- Plenty of organized compartments
- Interior also features a fully lined tear-resistant lining
- Features a buckle looking closure with convenient secure tuck locks
- Features a shoulder strap with an ultra-padded, non-slip shoulder pad
- The leather may seem a bit thin
If you are looking for something that is ideal for your business trips and meetings, then we recommend the Kenneth Cole Reaction Colombian Leather suitcase specifically designed for laptops.
Modern, durable, and aesthetically very pleasing, this laptop bag is perfect for professionals who travel a lot. While it is the most expensive bag in this article, it is certainly worth it.
Laptop Wireless Mouse
Arguably the next most important accessory for a laptop is a wireless mouse. Now of course you can always buy a mouse with a cord, but these tend to be far less convenient than wireless mice.
The reason behind this is that you will have to untangle the wires of your cord mouse every time you take it out of your laptop bag.
Furthermore, constantly moving your accessories around can damage the cord that is connected to the mouse.
Typically, cord mice are ideal for stationary desktop computers, while wireless mice are best for portable laptop computers.
OK, without further ado, let’s get started.
- Long battery life
- Ergonomic shape
- Convenient controls
- Programmable controls
- USB receiver will be provided inside or along with the mouse
- Issues with the software
If you are looking for a highly popular wireless mouse that is both affordable and comfortable, then we recommend the Logitech M510.
The mouse has a long battery life of 2 years and is designed to fit very comfortably in your hand.
There are also a few extra buttons on the mouse that you can program to switch between windows, turn the volume down, and more.
I highly recommend this wireless mouse for both students and professionals.
- Ridged, rubberized scroll wheel for maximum accuracy
- High precision 16, 000 DPI optical sensor
- Customizable Chroma RGB color profiles
- 9 programmable buttons
- Ambidextrous design
- The price tag
On the other hand, if you are looking for a laptop wireless map that is designed for gaming, then we recommend the Razer Lancehead (Tournament Edition).
The gaming mouse has advanced optical sensors, great exterior design and form, light customizations, DPI buttons, and much more. It is the perfect esports-level mouse for gaming.
External Hard Drive
Typically, buying a laptop with a lot of integrated memory is quite costly. Therefore, purchasing an external hard drive usually goes hand in hand with purchasing a new laptop.
Even if you do not need the extra space, a HDD allows you to transfer large files of projects, reports, etc from device to device.
- USB 2.0 compatible with no external AC power cord needed
- Sleek profile design with a matte, smudge resistance finish
- Includes Toshiba 1 year standard limited warranty
- Quickly add more storage capacity to your PC
- Easy to use with no software to install
- Don't use it as a bootable drive
Another good option for an external hard drive (with USB 3.0) is the Toshiba HDTB410XK3AA Canvio Basics. It comes in four capacities: 1TB, 2TB, 3TB, and 4TB.
It is easy to use and doesn’t need software to install. Therefore, it quickly adds more storage capacity to your laptop.
USB 2.0 is compatible with no external AC power cord needed.
At an affordable price, this is a reliable and easy to come accessory for your laptop.
- Small and compact design
- 2TB of storage to expand your PC's HDD
- Very lightweight
- The design seems a bit physically weak
This external HDD from Seagate is a favorite among many. This is not surprising as the HDD is fast, ultra-slim, looks great, and is available on Amazon.
It needs no additional power source, as transfers and power supply are done via the same cable when connected to the PC.
USB Flash Drive
- Lets you transfer and store large files up to ten times faster than USB 2.0 drives.
- Includes Rescue PRO Deluxe file recovery software
- Super-fast transfer speeds with up to 100MB/sec
- USB 3.0 enabled
- Issues with the write protection
If you are looking for a portable device to transfer your files that is even smaller than a portable HDD, then check out the SanDisk Extreme.
This Flash Drive is capable of reading up to 245 megabytes per second and writing up to 100 megabytes per second.
This basically means you can transfer a large file, like a full-length film, in a matter of seconds.
However, perhaps the most unique thing about this USB drive is that it comes with security software from SanDisk that allows you to encrypt your files with 128-bit AES encryption.
Laptops, specifically ultra-thin ones, tend to provide very few ports. Therefore, buying a multi-port hub for your laptop is typically a good idea.
- Instantly add four USB 3.0 ports to any compatible device
- Individual Power Switches with LED Indicators
- Supports transfer speeds up to 5Gbps
- 480Mbps (USB 2.0), 12Mbps
- Plug & play, Hot-swappable
- Drivers may have compatibility issues
Well if you are looking for a port hub that offers just USB 3.0 ports, then you should check out the Sabrent USB Hub.
This device allows you to connect four more 3.0 USB devices and transfer data at lightning-fast speeds. The only downside to this port is that you will need to plug in the adapter to make it run.
However, if you do not mind this small inconvenience then this USB port is ideal because it is both cheap and fast.
- Features two USB 3.0 ports, Type-C pass-through charging port, and 4K HDMI video output
- USB-C Pass-through charging
- Crystal clear HDMI video
- Sleek and modern design
- The connector may seem flimsy at times
Want a Port hub that is more professional looking? Check out this Satechi product.
While this port hub certainly is more expensive, it is more attractive and functional.
You have a type C port, two USB 3.0 ports, and a 4k supported HDMI output. You also do not need any software or adapters for this port hub to run.
These best laptop accessories will certainly improve how you use your laptop.
They can make it more convenient to move your laptop from one place to another, they can make your work easier, improve your gaming, and much more.
Frequently Asked Questions
It all depends on what accessories you need. For example, Razer is very good at making laptop backpacks.
If you’re looking for some elegant laptop shoulder bags, check out our dedicated, check out our top list.
No, not at all. In fact, we have a few top pics that include budget-friendly wireless mice as well.