We’re not yet done with build 14371, and there’s a new one around the block
Microsoft keeps pushing Windows 10 builds like it’s a golf machine. Just one day after releasing build 14371 for Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview, Microsoft rolled out the equivalent build to Windows 10 PC. The next day, the Redmond giant pushed another build for both PC and Mobile.
We know Microsoft means business when it comes to perfecting the Windows 10 experience before the Anniversary Update, but we never expected the company would roll out three builds on three consecutive days. The Windows Insider Team engines must be running at full throttle.
Since the three builds were released over such a short period of time, many Insiders didn’t even have the time to test them out. For a quick reminder, we’ll see what build 14371 brings in terms of improvements and bug fixes as Microsoft is gearing up for the Anniversary Update.
What’s new in Windows 10 Preview build 14371
Also, Microsoft improved the following elements of Windows 10:
- “We have made a couple of key fixes for accessibility. We fixed the issue causing Narrator to not launch when you toggle switch to “on” via Settings app > Ease of access > Narrator. We also fixed an issue where Narrator spoke at an unexpectedly accelerated rate.
- We improved learning speed for some slow cases on Japanese IME conversion, and prediction candidate quality. We fixed a short hang issue in Japanese IME which had been there since the Windows 10 November Update.
- We improved the file download experience in Microsoft Edge. Now if you click on a download link from outside of Microsoft Edge that quickly opens and closes a tab, we will open the Download Hub so it is more apparent that a download has begun and succeeded. We also fixed an issue where moving the caret to beyond the visible end of the textbox when editing the name of a favorite in the Favorites Bar would result in keyboard focus moving to the next favorite. And we also fixed an issue where enter might not work to navigate to a URL if you began typing in the address bar very shortly after opening a new tab.
- Going forward from Build 14371, the 3D Display setting state will be preserved across build updates.
- We fixed an issue resulting in MPEG-2 videos showing the wrong duration in the Movies and TV app.
- We fixed an issue where “Scan options” text in Windows Defender would be clipped when high DPI (text scaling) was increased. We also fixed an issue where the offline scan event wasn’t correctly formatted, and would show an exposed parameter (%1) in the Event Logs. We also fixed an issue resulting in the permissions dialog for a new extension possibly appearing under the Microsoft Edge favorites bar.
- We fixed an issue where using the OneNote Web Clipper extension for Microsoft Edge on certain sites might result in an error saying “Please allow third party cookies in your browser”.
- We fixed an issue where the Action Center icon was clipped by the “Show Desktop” icon at 225% DPI. We also improved the resolution of the sound and network icons when using a non-standard DPI setting.
- We added a small animation to Action Center for when notifications are deleted by the platform or dynamically repositioned, and generally improved Action Center reliability.
- We fixed an issue resulting in the Clock and Calendar flyout possibly showing a very old appointment when looking at today’s events.
- We fixed an issue where certain keys in the Calculator app might stop working after switching between OCT and HEX mode. We also fixed an issue where hitting Enter in the calculator could result in the menu opening rather than calculating the current result.
- We fixed an issue that could result in the VPN Settings page freezing after pressing Connect. We also fixed an issue where VPN might attempt to automatically connect over metered networks, despite “Allow VPN over metered connection” being turned off.
- We fixed an issue where the icon for Settings was missing from the Background apps and Data usage settings pages. We also fixed an issue where content in the Windows Insider Program settings page might be truncated.
- We fixed an issue where File Explorer would show two copies of any picture or screenshot taken on a phone while that phone was connected to the PC, despite only one file actually existing on the phone.
- We fixed an issue where going between the All apps list and the tile grid of Start in Tablet mode could have a glitchy animation, or not have an animation at all.
- We fixed an issue where you might see duplicate “The VPN connection needs your sign-in info.” notifications saved in the Action Center, when only one needed to be displayed.
- We fixed an issue resulting in certain PDFs failed to print.
- We fixed an issue where a focus box was sometimes visible when launching the Start menu, resulting in type to search not working.”
Build 14371 is the release with the least number of known issues reported by Microsoft since way back. This means Microsoft has taken the act of readying the Anniversary Update very seriously to avoid a troublesome rollout and the headaches it would cause users.
The only known issue in Windows 10 Preview build is below:
“Clicking on networks or VPN connections in the network flyout on the taskbar doesn’t launch the network settings page like it should.”
Unfortunately for Insiders, the miracle lasted only for one day, as the latest Windows 10 build, namely build 14372 has three known issues on the list.
We’ll keep you updated if the list of known issues gets longer, but let’s hope this won’t be the case.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Windows 10 removes OEM bloatware to improve your computer’s performance
- Fix Start Menu issues using the Windows 10 Start Menu Troubleshooter
- Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview build 14367 now available on the Slow Ring
- The Refresh Windows tool reinstalls Windows without ISO
Browsers are essential tools for surfing the Internet. Also, the interface of any browser is crucial for providing a user-friendly experience. However, this feature is […]
While using the Power Bi desktop app you may face some issues with your data and file. One such error is related to Power Bi […]
The built-in Windows Photos app allows you to edit photos as well as play videos of multiple formats apart from viewing images. Sometime, the app […]