A local area network (LAN) is a computer network that spans a small area. Most often, it interconnects computers within a single room, building, or group of buildings – with the range of 1-5 km.
If a LAN includes a group of computers and other devices from the same residence, school, office building, or university campus, a wide area network (WAN) covers a larger geographic distance, with a diameter of 100-1000 km.
Even so, the advantages of using a LAN include a unique Internet connection and ease of file sharing.
Common LAN issues and the best ways to solve them
- Slow LAN speed on Windows 10 PCs [FIX]
- How to fix Local Area connection adapter driver errors
- FIX: Minecraft LAN games not showing up
- Internet connection sharing error: LAN connection already configured [FIX]
- Computer is stuck on 169 IP address [STEP-BY-STEP GUIDE]
If you happen to have other LAN-related inquires, all you need to do is to visit this LAN Hub.