A local area network (LAN) is a computer network that spans a small area. Most often, it interconnects computers within a single room, building, or group of buildings – with the range of 1-5 km.
If a LAN includes a group of computers and other devices from the same residence, school, office building, or university campus, a wide area network (WAN) covers a larger geographic distance, with a diameter of 100-1000 km.
Even so, the advantages of using a LAN include a unique Internet connection and ease of file sharing.
Common LAN issues and the best ways to solve them
- Slow LAN speed on Windows 10 PCs [FIX]
- How to fix Local Area connection adapter driver errors
- FIX: Minecraft LAN games not showing up
- Internet connection sharing error: LAN connection already configured [FIX]
- Computer is stuck on 169 IP address [STEP-BY-STEP GUIDE]
If you happen to have other LAN-related inquires, all you need to do is to visit this LAN Hub.
Still having issues? Fix them with this tool:
If the advices above haven't solved your issue, your PC may experience deeper Windows problems. We recommend downloading this PC Repair tool (rated Great on TrustPilot.com) to easily address them. After installation, simply click the Start Scan button and then press on Repair All.