More good news for the Lumia 640 lovers: after Windows 10 Mobile was finally available for this device, its price dropped at some retailers. Now it can be purchased for under £100 in the UK.
Amazon.co.uk now sells the Lumia 640 for £99.16, SIM-free and unlocked. However, this applies to the black model only, as the orange model is still £109. Apparently, this isn’t some kind of a temporary discount so that price should remain that way for good. We can only wait and see if and when the orange version gets a price reduction.
This offer is only available at Amazon.co.uk as Microsoft still sells both models at its Store for £129.99. We have no information if the Lumia 640 listed in the Microsoft store will receive any price reduction just yet.
Here are the system specifications of Microsoft’s Lumia 640 phone:
- 5-inch ClearBlack IPS LCD with HD (1280x720px) resolution and Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- Quad-core 1.2GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 processor
- 1GB RAM
- 8GB onboard storage (plus microSD support up to 128GB)
- Backside illuminated 8MP rear camera with LED flash and 1080p video recording
- 0.9MP front-facing camera with wide-angle lens and 720p video
- 4G LTE connectivity
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n
- Bluetooth 4.0
- Ambient light sensor, accelerometer, proximity sensor, magnetometer and SensorCore
- Replaceable 2500mAh battery
- 141.3 x 72.2 x 8.8mm; 145g
Tell us in the comments below: what do you think about this deal? Will the new price tag convince you to get yourself a Lumia 640?
If you’re interested, you can buy the Lumia 640 for the price of £99.16 at Amazon UK.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- BT Smart Hub generates the most powerful Wi-Fi signal, reduces Windows 10 Wi-Fi problems
- Microsoft giving away free episode of Thirteen via Windows Store
- HP launches worldwide voluntary battery recall program due to fire hazard
- HP Elite X3 gains Bluetooth and Wi-Fi certification, edges closer to release
- Microsoft offering unlocked $99 Lumia 550, free T-Mobile SIM activation kit June 20 only