Double Tap To Wake on Lumia 950 now available for all AT&T customers
Lumia 950 devices connected to the AT&T network have just received a new OTA firmware update with new improvements and features. This update also brings back a much loved feature, Double Tap To Wake, present on Nokia’s older Windows Phone devices.
The Double Tap To Wake feature will allow the users to wake their devices from sleep by just double tapping on the screen. Below, you can read the full changelog this updates came with:
- Wi-Fi connectivity improvements, including fixes for Wi-Fi connection dropping randomly and Wi-Fi scan occasionally not returning any results
- Support for double tap to wake enabled
- Bluetooth connectivity improvements
- Stability and reliability improvements
- Camera improvements, including improved image and video quality, improved Auto-focus and fix for a problem that was causing slow motion capture to skip frames for some users
- Cellular connectivity improvements, including fix for a problem that caused occasional network loss for some users
- Audio quality improvements, including fix for a problem that caused voice call audio to get scrambled for some users
This new update was originally available via the Windows Device Recovery Tool, but it seems to have been finally released for all users. However, now everyone that has a Lumia 950 connected to AT&T should get the update without any problems.
The Lumia 950 has a 5.2-inch AMOLED screen with a resolution of 1440 x 2560 pixels, a Qualcomm MSM8992 Snapdragon 808 chipset powered by a hexacore (4×1.4 GHz Cortex-A53 & 2×1.8 GHz Cortex-A57) processor backed by an Adreno 418 GPU and 3GB of RAM, 32GB of internal storage expandable up to 256GB, a primary camera of 20MP with Carl Zeiss optics, OIS, autofocus and triple-LED RGB flash, a secondary camera of 5MP and a removable 3000mAh battery.
What are your thoughts about the Double Tap To Wake feature? Will you use it?
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- WhatsApp beta for Windows Phone includes OneDrive support
- Windows Device Recovery Tool update adds support for Acer devices
- The Lumia 950 and 950 XL receive big discounts in Europe
Microsoft recently rolled out a new Windows 10 feature update. Apparently, the company ignored a major security flaw that existed in Windows 10. The flaw […]
We all know about the current US crackdown on Huawei products. Many big names are now abandoning collaborations with Chinese companies. Microsoft is not behind […]
Microsoft recently rolled out the Windows 10 May 2019 Update to the general public. Speaking of new OS versions, the tech giant is planning to […]