MacType brings MacOS fonts to your Windows 10 device
Mac users are absolutely in love with the look of the operating system, especially its fonts. While a recent version of Windows 10 and 8 included new feature called Clear Type, which makes text shaper and cleaner, most users are not aware of it and end up complaining when they’re trying to read blurry fonts.
There’s a better option for those who have a Windows device and want to get MacOS fonts: MacType is a small utility for Windows 10 that users can install on their devices to add Mac fonts.
The creator of MacType had to fix some issues that caused fonts to break on Windows 10 with Anniversary Update, but now it has and the program is fully compatible with Anniversary Update, version 1607. Below, we’ll teach you how to install and use MacType on your Windows 10, 8 or 7 device.
– First of all, head to github.com/snowie2000/mactype/releases to download the newest version 1.2016.904.0 of MacType installer.
– Run the installer, choose the complete installation option and follow on-screen directions to not do something stupid.
– After installing MacType, launch it and select language as English.
– Now select “Load with MacTray” option, click on “Run as administrator”, confirm that Standalone load mode is selected and then click on the “Next” button. If you want, you can choose other modes.
– Select your favorite MacType profile that you will want to load, then click on “Finish” button to complete the installation of the program.
– You should see a confirmation dialog, so you’ll click OK button to apply all changes.
The developer warned users who upgrade to the release they will still see the file not found error, but it will be gone in the future because “this bug is caused by the uninstaller.”
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- Windows 10 Anniversary Update breaks Asus Smart Gesture touchpad settings
- Build 14342 adds clear input history option for all IMEs in Windows 10
- Windows 10 Update History updated to show version 1607
The Windows 10 October 2018 Update (otherwise 18H2) rollout might now be two to three weeks away. For the last few months, new build previews […]
Microsoft released a new Windows 7 update to the general public. Update KB4457139 is actually a preview of the upcoming monthly rollup update and allows users […]
The Windows 10 October 2018 Update is just around the corner. Microsoft is expected to release this new OS version in October, although the exact […]