- Seeing the account disabled message when trying to open your App Store can be very annoying.
- To start resolving this problem, you should reset your Apple ID password, and follow the next steps.
- Find out how to resolve other issues by exploring our detailed Mac troubleshooting section.
- For other useful guides on this topic, check out our detailed Mac Hub.
App Store is an integral part of macOS, but sometimes users can encounter Your account has been disabled in the App Store and iTunes or Your Apple ID has been disablet error messages in Apple App Store.
This can be a problem, and in today’s article, we’ll show you how to fix it properly.
How to fix Your Apple ID has been disabled App Store error?
1. Reset your Apple ID password
Your account is probably disabled because you, or somebody else, tried to access it several times unsuccessfully. To fix that, users are suggesting to reset your password. You can do that by following these steps:
- Navigate to Apple menu > System Preferences.
- Click on Apple ID > Password & Security.
- Select Forgot Apple ID or password and follow the instructions on the screen.
- Select the Change Password option.
After changing the password, check if the problem is still there. Some users are also suggesting to use Apple’s account recovery page, so you might want to try that as well. Alternatively, you can try using the recovery key to access your account.
2. Wait for 24 hours
Your account has been disabled message appears when you or somebody else tries to log in to your account unsuccessfully too many times. If you didn’t manage to log in properly several times to the App Store, perhaps you should wait for 24 hours or so and then try logging back in.
3. Contact Customer Support
If the previous solutions didn’t work for you, perhaps it would be best to contact Apple’s Customer Support. By contacting Apple’s Customer Support they’ll be able to analyze the issue and detail and let you know the exact reason why your account has been disabled.
There you go, these are some of the solutions that might help you fix Your account has been disabled message in Apple App Store. If our solutions were helpful, feel free to let us know in the comments section below.
FAQ: Learn more about the Apple App Store account
- Why won’t the App Store let me download an app?
The most common reason for the App Store not letting you download an app is a conflict between accounts and can be easily solved by signing out and logging in again.
- Why is my Apple ID disabled in App Store and iTunes?
This message appears on your screen whenever you have an unpaid App Store or iTunes order. To fix it, add more funds or change the payment method.
- Why can’t I download free apps on my iPhone?
The most common cause for this issue is low storage space on your device. Free some space by deleting some data, and try again.