- Do you need to open an MSG file on Mac? In this guide we’ll show you how to properly do that.
- You can do that easily by using various online services that allow you to view MSG files.
- Another way to open MSG file on Mac is to use a third-party app.
- If you want to open .msg file on Mac without Outlook, using a third-party email client is the best way to go.
MSG files are associated with Microsoft Outlook, but they can’t be opened on Mac, and even if you have Microsoft Outlook installed, you won’t be able to open these file types.
In today’s article we’re going to show you how to open MSG files on Mac without too much hassle, so let’s get started, shall we?
How to open a .msg file in Outlook for Mac?
1. Use eM Client
If you need to open an MSG file on Mac, the best way would be by using eM Client. The software works with all popular webmail services, and thanks to the built-in sidebar you can easily see attachments and other useful information.
The software also has PGP encryption, so you can rest assured that your emails are perfectly safe from third-parties. Advanced search is available allowing you to easily find a specific email or a contact.
eM Client offers an abundance of features, and if you’re looking for a powerful email client for Mac that can handle MSG files, then eM Client is the best choice for you.
Other great features:
- Calendars and tasks
- Built-in chat
- Ability to schedule emails
eM Client is an email client for Mac that can open MSG files natively
2. Email the msg file to an Outlook email account
- Create an Outlook account if you don’t have one.
- Now email the MSG file to the newly created Outlook account as an attachment.
- Log in to the Outlook account in your browser and find the MSG file that you sent.
- Now double-click it and it should open right in your web browser.
3. Use MSG viewer
- Visit MessageViewer Online.
- Now select the Browse option and upload your MSG file.
- Once the file is uploaded, you should be able to see its contents.
4. Use third-party apps
- Install one of the following apps:
- After installing one of these apps, you should be able to open MSG files with it.
Although MSG files aren’t natively supported on Mac, you should be able to open them simply by installing eM Client or by using any other solution from this guide.
Did you find this guide helpful? Let us know in the comments below.