- PUB files are associated with Microsoft Publisher, but sadly, Publisher isn’t available for Mac.
- Opening .pub files doesn’t have to a hassle, and in this guide, we’re going to show you how to open .pub files on your Mac.
- To learn more about .pub files and Publisher, be sure to check this dedicated Microsoft Publisher article.
- We covered various Mac issues in the past, and for more guides like this, visit our Mac Hub.
PUB files are associated with Microsoft Publisher, and unfortunately, this software isn’t available for Mac, so it can be hard for Mac users to view PUB files on their computer.
However, there are still ways for Mac users to view PUB files, and in this article, we’re going to show you how to open a .pub file on Mac with ease.
How can I open a .pub file on Mac?
1. Use online convertors
- Visit PUBtoPDF website.
- Click on Upload files and select up to 20 PUB files that you want to convert.
- Once the files are updated and converted, click the Download all button to download them.
Although many users are using PUBtoPDF, other services such as Online2PDF, PublisherToPDF, or Zamzar will be also able to convert your files, so you can use them as well.
2. Use LibreOffice
- Download LibreOffice.
- Once the application is installed, just double-click the PUB file and it will be opened.
LibreOffice is a great free alternative to Microsoft Office, and thanks to the native support for PUB files, it should be able to handle PUB files on your Mac out of the box.
3. Ask the creator of the PUB file to send it in a different format
If all other options fail, you may have to ask the creator of the PUB file to send it to you in a different format.
Both PDF and HTML will work out of the box, so this is the preferred format if you’re using Mac.
Microsoft Publisher isn’t available on Mac sadly, which means that you can’t open .pub files natively. However, you can always use one of these simple workarounds to get .pub files to work on your Mac.
Did you find this article helpful? Did we miss any other methods that can help users open .pub files? Let us know in the comments section below.