- This guide provides you with all the required steps in order to be able to rotate your MacBook screen.
- To achieve this, you will need to change the display settings as described below.
- To have access to other useful Mac fix guides, visit our Mac Fix Hub.
- To make you're always up to date with the latest information, consider bookmarking our specialized Mac page.
Most users won’t have to ever rotate their MacBook screen, but if you’re using an external display, it might be handy to know how to the screen on macOS. Rotating the screen on MacBook isn’t hard, and today we’ll show you how to do it.
How do I rotate my screen on MacBook?
Change the Display settings
The easiest way to rotate your MacBook screen is to change this setting from System Preferences. To do that, follow these steps:
- Open the Apple menu and click on System Preferences.
- Press and hold the Command + Option keys and click on Display.
- Locate the Rotation menu and set it the desired value.
- You’ll have to confirm the changes within a set time limit or else you’ll be reverted back to the original settings.
After doing that, the screen will rotate and the resolution will adjust itself accordingly. If you have an additional display connected, you’ll be able to rotate screens individually.
In case the Rotation option isn’t available for you, repeat the steps from above, but this time press and hold the Command + Option keys while you open both System Preferences and the Display sections.
It’s worth mentioning that you don’t need to hold Command + Option on some models since they support the rotation natively. But if this option isn’t available for you, close System Preferences and repeat the process, this time holding the Command + Option keys.
As you can see, rotating your Mac screen is simple and straightforward, especially if your device supports it natively. If it doesn’t, you’ll have to hold Command + Option keys to force the rotation option to appear.
There you go, a quick and easy guide on how to rotate your MacBook screen. If you found this guide useful, let us know by leaving a comment below.
FAQ: Learn more about your MacBook screen
- How do I rotate my Mac screen with a keyboard?
To rotate your Mac screen using the keyboard, you can simply press and hold the Command and Option keys and then click on the Display icon in System Preferences.
- How do I use AirPlay?
To use AirPlay, connect both your devices to the same WiFi network, open Control Center, click on AirPlay, and choose the device you want.
- Can you use AirPlay without Apple TV?
Yes, you can use AirPlay even without an Apple TV by using any Apple device.